Fabbri / Russkie Tanki

Fabbri / Russkie Tanki

Postby 7dot62mm » 10 Jul 2014

This company makes some original models plus some versions of Altaya models. They all have one or more metal parts, often the hull, the rest being plastic. All come with their Russkie Tanki magazine, about 100 issues of which have been published. At this point they seem to no longer produce new models but are just supplying new paint schemes to already published models.

Fabbri / Russkie Tanki models are very basic and often rough but many of them can make ok wargaming models just by adding of some additional details and some drybrushing.

T-90 seen here with some ESCI figures

T-55 (dark green) seen here with the superior Easymodel take on the same subject

BMD-1 whose 73mm gun looks more like a 20mm weapon.

The same model after repainting.

BM-13 rocket launcher on Zis-6. And some Revell figures.

The mighty T-35...

The T-34/85. In the background is the superior Easymodel T-34.

The T-28. In the background is an SHQ T-28 in 1/76 scale.

The SU-122. Behind it is the Easymodel T-34 of year 1942 production.

The KV-2 accompanied by another Easymodel version of the same thing.
Last edited by 7dot62mm on 18 Jul 2014, edited 2 times in total.
7dot62mm
Dr No

Medals: 14
Afloat Campaigner (1) Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Engineer campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1)
quick campaigner (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1) xmas15 campaigner (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) easter15 campaigner (1)
2015 build campaigner (1) 2016 build campaigner (1)

Re: Fabbri / Russkie Tanki

Postby Faustnik » 10 Jul 2014

Very good post mate.

I can add that some of these are copies/clones of Altaya models (also cloned by Amercon)

Don't know if copy or cloning is the correct expression, as all of these are indeed from the same Financial group, so swapping of concepts or even prototypes could be involved.

The BM-13, SU-122, JSU-152 and T-55 are better done by Altaya/PlanetaAgostini.

But as you say, very good source of rare models for the wargame table.

By the way, where do you get yours?

A+

Faustnik
Faustnik
Scaramanga

Medals: 5
Building Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) fortified 3rd place (1) Terrain 2nd place (1) Scen1 1st place (1)

Postby 7dot62mm » 11 Jul 2014

Faustnik wrote:Very good post mate.

I can add that some of these are copies/clones of Altaya models (also cloned by Amercon)
Don't know if copy or cloning is the correct expression, as all of these are indeed from the same Financial group, so swapping of concepts or even prototypes could be involved.

I think they're just leveraging the group's manufacturing to tailor products to different marketing areas. In all likelihood the models are all manufactured by the same Chinese factory.

By the way, where do you get yours?

My local hobby store stocks the newest issues in a very limited way (one or two issues each, as far as I can tell). They are very expensive at about 20 euros each so not really worth it most of the time as Amercom can be mail-ordered for half the price but they're very convenient for me and I can examine every vehicle before buying. In eastern Europe they often retail at around 13 euros, and probably less on eBay but possibly you have to deal with import taxes, VAT etc. I currently own about 75 of these and intend to post more pictures later.
7dot62mm
Dr No

Afloat Campaigner (1) Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Engineer campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1)
quick campaigner (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1) xmas15 campaigner (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) easter15 campaigner (1)

Postby Faustnik » 11 Jul 2014

7dot62mm wrote:In eastern Europe they often retail at around 13 euros, and probably less on eBay but possibly you have to deal with import taxes, VAT etc. I currently own about 75 of these and intend to post more pictures later.

I got mine from Jadar Hobbies, and the price is around that (as a usual buyer I do have a discount, so...).

Please post them - the BMP-2 is a cracker from what I see from Lead Adventure

Faustnik
Faustnik
Scaramanga

Medals: 5
Building Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) fortified 3rd place (1) Terrain 2nd place (1) Scen1 1st place (1)

Postby Porkorosso » 17 Jul 2014

Website magazine series "Russian tanks": http://www.russiantanks.ru/
Reviews models on Russian: http://nacekomie.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=739
Now, a new series "Combat vehicles of the world" (modern) http://nacekomie.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8390
http://combatmachines.ru/
It is difficult to look for a black cat in a dark room, especially if it's not there. This is even more stupid if this cat clever, brave and polite.
Porkorosso
Jaws

Postby 7dot62mm » 18 Jul 2014

The Combat vehicles of the world series is also available here, it seems to consist of Altaya models. M1A1HA, M60, Leopard 2 etc. I've only obtained the Abrams as it was half-price.
7dot62mm
Dr No

This is the BTR-152. I've painted additional details and weathering but otherwise the paintjob and decals are the originals. The T/34 in the background is by Easymodel and the infantry figures are Liberation Cubans posing here as DRA soldiers. The BTR commander is MMS.
7dot62mm
Dr No

The ASU-85 with some ESCI and FAA tank crewmen. Again I've painted additional details and weathering but otherwise the paintjob and decals are the originals.
7dot62mm
Dr No

There are whole factories in China who do these models, i.e.:

http://runsun-models.en.alibaba.com/pro ... _sale.html
... so anyone can create an Altaya-like line of these same vehicles. Of course the minimum order is 3000 pieces... but on the other hand if sales go well they can produce up to 500 000 King Tigers a month :grin:
7dot62mm
Dr No

Postby marklt31 » 18 Apr 2016

There is about twenty JS-2 in my local shop at 2 pound each
marklt31
Donald 'RED' Grant

Postby Alanmccoubrey » 18 Apr 2016

My wife brought me home two x BTR 40 the other day when she saw them at £2 in The Works in Bath. I didn't have the heart to tell her that no one would allow me to use them at Kursk so I looked up pics of them sitting guarding the builders as the put up the "Anti-Fascist Protection Wall" and she was happy.
This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever.
Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

Alan
Alanmccoubrey
Kananga

Medals: 9
Capt Campaigner (1) Flak 3rd place (1) Recce campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) POW Campaigner (1) Truck Campaigner (1)
Easter14 Campaigner (1) quick campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1)

Postby 7dot62mm » 19 Apr 2016

Alanmccoubrey wrote:My wife brought me home two x BTR 40 the other day when she saw them at £2

What a woman! :thumbsup:
7dot62mm
Dr No

Return to Living Catalogues