Kellys Heroes 8th Army

Kellys Heroes 8th Army

Postby Chris S » 05 May 2017

Recently I took delivery of a small order from Grubby and, since Andy has no pictures of these on his site yet, I thought I would share.

This was the freebie that Andy included, and you can see that there are two figures that are the same. I expect that normally it has three different figures.

All I have done to them is a light wash to bring out the detail better.
My painting/model-making blog - http://brushhistory.blogspot.co.uk/

Commission painting done.
Chris S
Scaramanga

Medals: 26
Capt Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) England 3rd place (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1) Armour Campaigner (1)
Portrait 1st place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1) Winter Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1)
Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) AntiTank 2nd place (1) Easter14 3rd place (1) 60mm campaigner (1)
Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1) Battlegroup Campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) 2014 build 2nd place (1)
easter15 1st place (1) 2015 build 3rd place (1)

Re: Kellys Heroes 8th Army

Postby Ianwill » 07 May 2017

Hi,

I have some British; US Airborne and Falkschirmjager Kelly's heroes figures and even though some of the figures are not so hot I do have a soft spot for the figures and they do paint up well. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Ian
Ianwill
Helga Brandt

Postby sundaysoldier » 07 May 2017

Really nice! could you give me their size, please (or simply a pic of them on your cutting mat, supposing the mat is marked in centimeters) ?

thank you :thumbsup:
sundaysoldier
Dr No

Postby TommyGn » 07 May 2017

Thank You very much for posting. Now I'm sure which figures on Piers and Warwick photos are KH and Battlefield.
I like poses of KH, but some figures have not proportional helmets, head or weapon. Anyway look worth to buy.
TommyGn
Rosa Klebb

Postby TommyGn » 08 May 2017

I think that second officer from first pack has a map in hand. And on site http://www.grubbytanks.com/product-cate ... sert-rats/ is that officer with pistol in s second pack, and grenadier from third.
BTW I can't copy these photos. Could You put them on Your blog too?
TommyGn
Rosa Klebb

Postby Chris S » 08 May 2017

sundaysoldier wrote:Really nice! could you give me their size, please (or simply a pic of them on your cutting mat, supposing the mat is marked in centimeters) ?

thank you :thumbsup:

Certainly, here you go ...

TommyGn wrote:I think that second officer from first pack has a map in hand. And on site http://www.grubbytanks.com/product-cate ... sert-rats/ is that officer with pistol in s second pack, and grenadier from third.
BTW I can't copy these photos. Could You put them on Your blog too?

I could have jumbled them up, no way of telling now, but thought I took care not to. But as I get older ...... ;) :lol:

The photos are hosted on Imgur, so you should be able to save them; I'll double check. Meanwhile if anyone else can't save them let me know. Don't want to pop them on the blog as these days I use it to only show finished items. So, PM me your email address and I'll send them to you.
Chris S
Scaramanga

Medals: 26
Capt Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) England 3rd place (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1) Armour Campaigner (1)
Portrait 1st place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1) Winter Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1)
Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) AntiTank 2nd place (1) Easter14 3rd place (1) 60mm campaigner (1)
Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1) Battlegroup Campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) 2014 build 2nd place (1)
easter15 1st place (1) 2015 build 3rd place (1)

Postby sundaysoldier » 08 May 2017

Thank you, Chris !
sundaysoldier
Dr No

Return to Living Catalogues