Patrol in Mozambique, Tete 1972

Forum rules
Blog only links will be removed, please post a few sample pics within the thread

Patrol in Mozambique, Tete 1972

Postby Faustnik » 04 Sep 2017

Another game (and playtest) of AmbushAlley V.2.

After some time without playing - vacations, excavations …..whatever - we decided to return to the tabletop fighting and nothing better than a patrol/reconnaissance operation during the Portuguese Colonial War, Mozambique, 1972.

The Portuguese secret services (and police) - DGS (formerly PIDE) – receives intel of a FRELIMO infiltration in western Tete (a province in Mozambique) and, due to the Military Command's inability to act, decides to send a special unit to check the level of infiltration and collect data.

Using a local Commandos unit and Special Groups (GE, former guerrilla fighters) there they go.

The table top a basic 1x1,5m table, some scatter and the village on the end of some «picadas» (tracks)
My new elements already in use.
The Insurgents blinds, already on the spot.
A very tactical game, with Frelimo (me) trying to ambush - without success - the Portuguese troops (Artur and Pippo)
In the end the insurgents, albeit trying to do casualties on the opposition, resort to the most common action that was "bombshell" (ruining towards a safe haven) off the table.
We could increase the level of combat by doubling the forces without problems, but it manage to makes us remember the new rules ;-)
As an evaluation: till now most rules worked flawless, and could be increase in level of detail, but I will leave that to Shawn.
Figures from RH/Liberation, mostly painted by Kingskarbine

Thanks for looking, comments welcome

Faustnik
Faustnik
Scaramanga

Medals: 5
Building Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) fortified 3rd place (1) Terrain 2nd place (1) Scen1 1st place (1)

Re: Patrol in Mozambique, Tete 1972

Postby MLB » 04 Sep 2017

Great looking game. What are the main differences between v1 and v2 rules?
The Tactical Painter
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top
MLB
Helga Brandt

Postby Faustnik » 04 Sep 2017

MLB wrote:Great looking game. What are the main differences between v1 and v2 rules?

Now I cannot state many things, but basically a more streamlined action/reaction/activation system; new cover concept; Individual based/activated elements, and so on.
Faustnik
Scaramanga

Medals: 5
Building Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) fortified 3rd place (1) Terrain 2nd place (1) Scen1 1st place (1)

Postby juergen c. olk » 05 Sep 2017

Love the look of the game..well done.!
juergen c. olk
Mr Kidd

Postby tinned fruit » 06 Sep 2017

Great stuff as always.

Phil
It's not big and it's not clever.

On FB @tinnedfruit
tinned fruit
Dr No

Medals: 11
Building Campaigner (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1) Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1)
AntiTank Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2014 build (1)

Postby SP> » 09 Sep 2017

Superb stuff :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"... and then my loneliness closes in so I drink a German wine and drift in dreams of other lives and greater times..."

http://spprojectblog.wordpress.com/

http://www.penninemegagames.co.uk/
SP>
Blofeld

Medals: 37
Cav Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1) Scratch1 Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Building Campaigner (1)
Comms Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Portrait Campaigner (1) fortified campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Engineer campaigner (1)
Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1)
POW Campaigner (1) Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1)
60mm campaigner (1) dday campaigner (1) quick campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1)
Battle Campaigner (1) SandS Campaigner (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1) 2010 Build (1) 2012 Build (1) xmas14 campaigner (1)
easter15 campaigner (1)

Postby empecinado » 09 Sep 2017

Excellent game and stuff!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
empecinado
Mayday

Medals: 8
Armour Campaigner (1) fortified 2nd place (1) Recce 1st place (1) Red Campaigner (1) AntiTank 3rd place (1) Ambulance 2nd place (1)
dday 1st place (1) quick 2nd place (1)

Postby DavyJones » 14 Sep 2017

Awesome table. Thanks for sharing!
Please feel free to visit my blog: http://www.GlueandDice.com :hello:
DavyJones
Professor Dent

Return to Game reports