Alert

If your name looks like spam your account will be deleted.

1914-1918

Portugese Colonial War - Gathering Supporters!

Portugese Colonial War - Gathering Supporters!

Postby Black Guardian » 01 Feb 2015

Hey folks,

in my "What Next?"-Thread the Portugese colonial wars have been brought up as suggestions for new releases in 2015. Following up on the discussion, I´m opening this thread to gather interested supporters who´d be willing to put some money on the table to help me realize that project.

As I outlined earlier, I´m rather hesitant to get into more colonial wars stuff on my own risk as my SADF have not been doing well.
Soo, here´s the deal: If enough people are willing to support the project and cover my production cost, we´ll produce a batch of Portugese, kickstarter-style.

I´ve prepared a teaser figure to give you an impression of how this might look:

This first testfigure is on me - if you want me to sculpt & produce more of these, here are the conditions:

-10€ per figure. (about GBP 7,50 at todays exchange rate)
-6€ international postage (flatrate, signed letter) to get the figures shipped to you (payable after the figures are produced)
-You can make suggestions about the pose you´d like me to sculpt, but I´ll have the final call if I don´t like the suggestions (I usually do)
-You´ll get the full squad of figures ONCE (all poses in the same set as the pose you supported) = 10 miniatures per 10€ pledge if enough people support this project!
-If you finance 2 poses you´ll get the set twice OR you´ll get the second set should we achieve that much support - and so on!
-The final sets will be priced with a small markup, so anyone supporting this project will save a few bucks!

I have added an item in my webshop which you can order to support the project. Kind of like a pre-order scheme.
These "tickets" can be ordered as usual and paid via paypal (any supporters who don´t use paypal can still email me!!)

http://enfilade-figures.com/wargamingfigures/portugal-colonial-wars-kickstarter

The scheme will run until May 1st, 2015 (01.05.2015), if I don´t collect enough money to start a squad all people will get a refund both for their ticket and the shipping cost.

If we get enough support for one squad, but not for a second, everyone will get a partial refund - the amount of money that is not required for production but for mouldmaking of the second squad (50%) will be refunded (i.e. 13 tickets result in the creation of a single squad of 10 figures. The remaining 30€ are halved (50% = 15€) and distributed back to the backers at 1,15€ per ticket (15€ / 13 tickets).
Everyone who purchased a ticket will still get a squad!

Please order the Portugese Kickstarter tickets separately of any other items to avoid any issues with refunding and shipment cost!

According to my FoF Bush Wars Book a portugese squad has 10 men in 2 groups of 5:

100% Funded!

Section MG Team:
-Team Leader - Funded!
-Grenadier - Funded!
-MG - Funded!
-Rifleman - Funded!
-Rifleman - Funded

Section Maneuvre Team
-Ass. TL - Funded
-Grenadier - Funded
-Rifleman - Funded
-2x Riflemen - Funded

Stretch Goals!

Squad #2 - Same configuration, different poses!

Section MG Team:
-Team Leader - Funded!
-Grenadier - Funded!
-MG - Funded!
-Rifleman - Funded!
-Rifleman - Funded

Section Maneuvre Team
-Ass. TL - Funded
-Grenadier - Funded
-Rifleman - Funded
-2x Riflemen

I suggest we use that as a template for our first two sets. I´ll start sculpting the other minis and expanding the list with future options once we get enough support for at least one squad

If you´d like to get involved, please order a ticket on my webshop or contact me here, via PM or send me an email (info [at] enfilade-figures.com)

Cheers,
Robert
Black Guardian
General Orlov

Medals: 6
Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) 2014 build (1) easter15 3rd place (1)

Re: Portugese Colonial War - Gathering Supporters!

Postby juergen c. olk » 02 Feb 2015

I think it is a perfect pose,and posted pictures of figures in your album.Good Luck!!!!
juergen c. olk
Gruntha

Postby Black Guardian » 02 Feb 2015

Thanks Jürgen, much appreciated :hello:

I noticed a small error in my description of the conditions which I´d like to correct:

-You´ll get the full set of figures ONCE (all poses in the same set as the pose you supported)

What I meant to say was that each support would get a full squad of figures (not set) - so you´re in for 10 miniatures if you put in 10€.
If at least 9 people support this project any single supporter will pay a market-level price for each figure.

The original statement was a little confusing with "sets" later referring to 5-man-groups...

If there are any questions, don´t hesitate to ask.
Black Guardian
General Orlov

Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) 2014 build (1) easter15 3rd place (1)

Postby sundaysoldier » 02 Feb 2015

I also like the mini, even if I already bought everything I needed for my portuguese project :thumbsup:
sundaysoldier
Dr No

Postby Black Guardian » 03 Feb 2015

sundaysoldier wrote:I also like the mini, even if I already bought everything I needed for my portuguese project :thumbsup:

Come on, you know you can never have enough figures and variety :grin:

A bit more clarification regarding the conditions:

I have added an item in my webshop which you can order to support the project. Kind of like a pre-order scheme.
These "tickets" can be ordered as usual and paid via paypal (any supporters who don´t use paypal can still email me!!)

The scheme will run until May 1st, 2015 (01.05.2015), if I don´t collect enough money to start a squad all people will get a refund both for their ticket and the shipping cost.

If we get enough support for one squad, but not for a second, everyone will get a partial refund (i.e. 13 tickets result in the creation of a single squad of 10 figures. The remaining 3 tickets, 30€, will be refunded at 2,30€ per ticket (30€ / 13 tickets)).

Please order the Portugese Kickstarter tickets separately of any other items to avoid any issues with refunding and shipment cost!

Link to the pre-order tickets:
http://enfilade-figures.com/wargamingfigures/portugal-colonial-wars-kickstarter

The first two figures are funded, just 7 more to go for the first squad!
Black Guardian
General Orlov

Postby sundaysoldier » 03 Feb 2015

For now, I have everything needed, really. And I'm totally, definitly broke this time, with my last unanticipated purchases :oil paints and weathering products, space hulk boardgame+metal washers, and a bunch of acrylic paints too necessary for space hulk, my portuguese and WW2 projects.

In fact I still need to buy a few more paint jars :grin: So no extra figures to add on my lead mountain for now ;)

Good luck for your "private" crowdfunding project :thumbsup:
sundaysoldier
Dr No

Postby Londoncopper » 05 Feb 2015

I like the figure very much, I will be chipping in later this evening.

Can I suggest a G3 standing firing pose and a casually walking on patrol, similar to the above.

Do you have a running total so we can see how this progresses?
Londoncopper
Jaws

Postby Black Guardian » 05 Feb 2015

Londoncopper wrote:I like the figure very much, I will be chipping in later this evening.

Can I suggest a G3 standing firing pose and a casually walking on patrol, similar to the above.

Do you have a running total so we can see how this progresses?

I´ll update the opening post on a regular basis, if you want an immediate overview check out the stock level on the website, starting level was 19, we have 3 figures funded now plus the one teaser-mini on me (= 3 tickets purchased, so the current stock level is 16), hope there´ll be more!

If you´d like to suggest specific poses, please go ahead and post some pictures (if you don´t flood the thread that is :grin:)
Black Guardian
General Orlov

Postby cowboy » 06 Feb 2015

Signed up .
cowboy
Pussy Galore

Postby Londoncopper » 06 Feb 2015

For pose ideas you could look at the 28mm Eureka Portuguese range and take inspiration from that?
Londoncopper
Jaws

Postby Black Guardian » 08 Feb 2015

Morning folks,

second figure is ready to be presented:

Funding level is unchanged.

For background material, I found an interesting portugese documentary with english subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i_ehBteszA
Gruesome stuff, but very interesting - check it out if you´ve got some spare time!
Black Guardian
General Orlov

Postby cowboy » 10 Feb 2015

Black Guardian wrote:Morning folks,

second figure is ready to be presented:

Funding level is unchanged.

For background material, I found an interesting portugese documentary with english subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i_ehBteszA
Gruesome stuff, but very interesting - check it out if you´ve got some spare time!

There are quite a few videos on Youtube if you search using 'Guerra do Ultramar'
cowboy
Pussy Galore

Postby Black Guardian » 25 Feb 2015

Nothing new in the west so far :cray: - going to start advertising the project more broadly soon together with the next wave of new releases.
Seems like my initial scepticism was not completely unjustified...
Black Guardian
General Orlov

Postby Londoncopper » 25 Feb 2015

Due to a blown head gasket l had to waste money on a car instead of essential figure purchases.
As l have until May there is still time for me to chip in. How much do you need to fund the rest of the squad?
Londoncopper
Jaws

Postby Black Guardian » 26 Feb 2015

Londoncopper wrote:Due to a blown head gasket l had to waste money on a car instead of essential figure purchases.
As l have until May there is still time for me to chip in. How much do you need to fund the rest of the squad?

Doesn´t sound nice, reminds me that my car has to be checked soon too :ph34r:
There´s still some time until may, right now we have 6 figures to be funded, i.e. 60€ to be financed. As I said, I´ll start advertising in other forums together with the next wave of releases, hope this attracts a few more supporters.
Black Guardian
General Orlov

Postby Londoncopper » 26 Feb 2015

I got £110 scrap value for the car :cry: :cry:

The Ambush Alley forum would be a good place to start with getting this project out to a wider audience.

I will definitely back this project once some more funds are available, the sculpts you have shown so far look very nice indeed.
Londoncopper
Jaws

Postby Black Guardian » 16 Mar 2015

Little update, two more figures funded, 4 to go - we´re getting closer to seeing the squad built.
Black Guardian
General Orlov

Postby Londoncopper » 17 Mar 2015

I will be chipping in once the bills stop rolling in, it may well be at the last minute though :grin:
Londoncopper
Jaws

Postby Black Guardian » 17 Mar 2015

Londoncopper wrote:I will be chipping in once the bills stop rolling in, it may well be at the last minute though :grin:

I doubt they´ll ever stop rolling in entirely :grin:
Take your time though, unless you skip the deadline we should be fine. The earlier we hit the threshold, the sooner the figures will be produced. ;)
Black Guardian
General Orlov

Postby Londoncopper » 17 Mar 2015

Are you going to do a figure with a rocket launcher/bazooka type weapon or Energa grenade?
Londoncopper
Jaws

Next

Return to Enfilade Figures: Wishlist