State of the thing - March 2017

State of the thing - March 2017

Postby Lluis of Minairons » 01 Mar 2017

Hi there,

Following the release of a new monthly Newsletter yesterday to those users having subscribed, let's explain and expand here its contents, by reviewing the status of the various projects already endeavoured:

Nearly completed

1/72 scale (20mm) Requeté Militia: Not exactly released, but nearly. This new set of Spansih Civil War figures is already in foundry, and we foresee to have them available in two weeks' time, maybe three --hardly longer. Meanwhile, we have set them as available for pre-order; if interested, please follow this link to pre-order yours.

At an advanced stage

1/100 scale IGC Sadurní tank: Well, there is little progress here, for I'm still awaiting decals to be printed. Once these finally come into my hands, it will be the turn for printing boxes, and the models will be ready for release. True that I could have had boxes in printshop alongside to decals, because their design was finished long ago; but honestly I'm not in any hurry for doing so --15mm SCW sales have slowed down a lot, so making the 1/100 scale range to unavoidably loss priority at such an extent that, after this model, I'll probably decide not to release anything else in this scale for a long time.

1/72 scale L3/33 Carro Veloce tankette: This one is a real must in any Spanish Civil War range, so here you have Minairons' one! Here below you can watch a caption on the 3D printed prototype, now ready to be brought to moulds. Tracks, MGs and upper hatches will be metal, while hull will be resin.

1/144 scale Breguet XIX light bomber: This new aircraft has been prototyped to completion too, and is now awaiting to be brought to moulds. As a matter of fact, I must still decide what to put in the pipeline first, whether the tankette above or this nice biplane...

1/72 scale Wine Cellar: The designer has been quite busy lately, both due to domestic affairs and game shows, so I can't show you many new images. However, prototype of this superb piece of scenery is nearly complete now; according to what he told me last week, a first sample will be cast soon; then he'll build and paint it for sharing purposes. Stay tuned, then!

On designers' workbenches

1/600 scale Spanish galleon: Once the designing issues faced at start have been sorted out, work on this first model of a new range of sailing ships is taking increased speed at last. Following users feedback and after some talk with the designer, we've agreed that the ultimate model will have 3 masts instead of 4 (so dispensing with bonaventure mast, that many users considered too primitive for a XVII century ship), two alternative bows and two sterns too --so as to multiply users' chances to customize the model.

1/72 scale Landesa improvised tank: This bizarre tracked tiznao was scratch built in limited numbers on Landesa tractor chassis, during 1934 Asturias revolt, and a couple of so survived up to seeing some action in the first stages of Civil War. It will be quite easy to produce, because of its simplicity as well as for sharing running gear with Landesa tractor and Trubia-Naval tank.

Well, little else so far:
1) a 15mm version of Trubia-Naval tank was recently prototyped too, but as said above I've put in on halt while deciding what to do with this range;
2) I haven't taken a decision yet on what vintage racing car to make after ERA, and
3) sculptor Xan and I have agreed that our next Spanish Civil War 20mm figure set will be devoted to the Republican Assault Guard.

Thanks for reading,
Lluís
Lluis of Minairons
Sandor

Re: State of the thing - March 2017

Postby Gunbird » 01 Mar 2017

Luis, I'm confused as why you want to waste valuable resources on a 1/72 L33 when the S-Model one has been out since 2012 and with 15mm going so slow you are not likely to make a 15mm one anytime soon either?
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, travels around to get in the occasional game. Current flavour of the month - scenery frenzy! My Blog >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/
Gunbird
Stromberg

Medals: 29
Capt Campaigner (1) Arty Campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1) Scratch1 3rd place (1) England Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1)
Building 3rd place (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1)
Sniper 2nd place (1) Winter Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1) Wings 2nd place (1) Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm 3rd place (1)
Red Campaigner (1) Green 2nd place (1) AntiTank Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) dday 1st place (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1)
Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) SandS 2nd place (1) Big Game 2010 (1) xmas15 campaigner (1)

Postby Lluis of Minairons » 02 Mar 2017

Mmmmmmmmm... well, why does every and each new brand devoted to WWII waste forces in making yet another Panzer IV, or an umpteenth T-34? Yes S-Model CV33 tankettes are superb, but anyone following the evolution of this otherwise excellent brand knows the nightmare that getting supplied from China actually is. So perhaps a manufacturer closer to your own home has some accessibility chances that S-Model kits don't enjoy.

(IMHO)
Lluis of Minairons
Sandor

Postby Daryl » 02 Mar 2017

Always good to have more than one source I reckon... anyway tanks and the figs look very nice.
The only thing to look forward to… is the past.
Daryl
Kananga

Medals: 2
Portrait 1st place (1) Recce 2nd place (1)

Postby Gunbird » 05 Mar 2017

Point taken. But your product is just as hard for me to get as S-Model locally (only 1 chap seems to sell both your stuff and S-Models in his shop, TAS Models)
Gunbird
Stromberg

Medals: 29
Capt Campaigner (1) Arty Campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1) Scratch1 3rd place (1) England Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1)
Building 3rd place (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1)
Sniper 2nd place (1) Winter Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1) Wings 2nd place (1) Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm 3rd place (1)
Red Campaigner (1) Green 2nd place (1) AntiTank Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) dday 1st place (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1)
Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) SandS 2nd place (1) Big Game 2010 (1) xmas15 campaigner (1)

Postby Lluis of Minairons » 06 Mar 2017

Yes you're right, Rob Tas is a regular customer from old.
Lluis of Minairons
Sandor

Return to Minairons : Workbench