Alert

If your name looks like spam your account will be deleted.

1914-1918

Any Battlegroupies in Northern Colorado?

For finding fellow BG gamers around the globe!

Any Battlegroupies in Northern Colorado?

Postby Joe » 19 May 2017

Is there anyone in the Fort Collins, CO area playing Battlegroup? If you're looking for a game, let me know!
Joe
Professor Dent

Re: Any Battlegroupies in Northern Colorado?

Postby iPaint » 19 May 2017

Joe wrote:Is there anyone in the Fort Collins, CO area playing Battlegroup? If you're looking for a game, let me know!

Hi Joe, yes, there's a small group of us that game in the Denver metro area about once a month or so, and Battlegroup is among the list of games we play. It's been a while since the group has played BG, but so far everyone has enjoyed the games we played.

~iPaint
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"
http://ipaintsworkbench.blogspot.com
iPaint
Pussy Galore

Medals: 14
Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Portrait Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) 60mm 1st place (1)
dday 3rd place (1) quick 1st place (1) xmas15 1st place (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2014 build (1) easter15 campaigner (1)
2015 build campaigner (1) 2016 build 3rd place (1)

Postby Joe » 19 May 2017

Thats good to know. The next time you guys decide to roll some dice let me know and I'll take the ride down there if you need an extra person to play.

Joe
Joe
Professor Dent

I'll see what we can do, definitely. Gave your BatRep a watch as well - pretty good run for your first time. It's always cool to see how quickly players pick up on the core rules after a few turns.

If you ever want to drop in on Total Escape Games for a chat or a game, let me know, I'm in the Boulder area and it's not too far away. Would also give me a reason to stop in once and a while myself to see what's going on!

What other game systems are you guys playing?

~iPaint
iPaint
Pussy Galore

Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Portrait Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) 60mm 1st place (1)
dday 3rd place (1) quick 1st place (1) xmas15 1st place (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2014 build (1) easter15 campaigner (1)

Postby Joe » 19 May 2017

The game was really easy to pick up once we got rolling. Aside from the slight mortar rule mishap, observing for suppression and moving through terrain snafus we did pretty good. Easy fixes that should get cleaned up for our next report.

I think we have a few guys who go down to Total Escape every few weeks, we'll have to coordinate something for sure. Plus its a good reason to get me out of the house.

We play mostly FoW V3 & V4 but some of us are slowly switching over to BG. I play Hail Caesar as well and the guys in our gaming group bring in all sorts of stuff to play. So we get a nice mix of games from week to week.

What do you guys play in your group?

Joe
Joe
Professor Dent

Last game session we had a game of 28mm Chain of Command - Americans vs Germans in a typical Normandy hedgerow maze, and two other guys tried out the new Blood and Plunder pirate rules and seemed to have good vibes from it.

We have a pretty good selection of 15mm American Civil War, ancients, Napoleonics, 15mm, 28mm and 20mm (the scale I play and collect in) WW2, some 28mm French and Indian war, 28mm Samurai, 28mm post apocalypse, Frostgrave, and a lot of Lord of the Rings. Pretty good variety. I'm probably forgetting some stuff as well.

Pics from our last game session:

~iPaint
iPaint
Pussy Galore

Postby Joe » 19 May 2017

I almost got into Blood & Plunder but I couldn't find anyone else who wanted to give it a go. I love the models, especially for the ships. It looks like you guys do some proper war gaming down there :) I might have to take a road trip.
Joe
Professor Dent

We try, between the six of us we have a good range of terrain and eras, in all different scales. Most of the time it's trying to sync schedules and deciding what everyone wants to play.

~iPaint
iPaint
Pussy Galore

Return to Battlegroup Player Registry