Desert War Group Build

Desert War Group Build

Postby cp models » 16 Sep 2013

We will be running a Desert War build with the aim of building up a good range of DAK for north Africa and hopefully maybe extend it to Italy and Greece by adding suitable troops such as more med theatre British or Italians

If anyone is interested in getting involved please get in touch by email or pm

I would also be interested in any ideas for packs people would like to see made available so please feel free to suggest things here and it might get made

Mark
cp models
Nick Nack

Re: Desert War Group Build

Postby gghirel » 18 Sep 2013

In spite of several members mentioning that they prefer 6mm,10 or 15mm scale for the desert war, i am ready to proceed,alone if need be,to get a fairly comprehensive range of these made. it would be nice to get input as to poses and a bit of financial aid,but i can respect the opinions of others as to why they may not choose to game this aspect of the war in 20mm. i must admit though, i don't quite understand how the rationale quite makes a lot of sense. In any event,when your sculptor is available, Mark, i hope to send you several suggestions
gghirel
Emilio Locque

Postby AlexK » 20 Sep 2013

I could be interested in this - not so much DAK but if you were to add some more Med. British. One related thing I really would like to see is Popskis Private Army, jeep crew and on foot.
"We also obtained captured Italian machine guns: these weapons of a new design of extreme ingenuity, light, pleasant to handle and of a good appearance, had only one fault: they wouldn’t fire."
AlexK
Mr Osato

Medals: 3
Armour Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1)

Postby Piers » 20 Sep 2013

Id be interested on DAK models...
 ‘Landed. Killed Germans. F***ed off.’ - Major Anders Lassen's operational report to the Admiralty.
'...its not a realistic expectation, that you can use a tank as a sort of big 'fruit-squashing' machine' - Woz
Piers
Dominic Greene

Medals: 42
Capt Campaigner (1) Cav Campaigner (1) Arty 1st place (1) Comm 2nd place (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1)
England Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Comms Campaigner (1) Armour 3rd place (1) Terrain2 1st place (1) fortified 1st place (1)
Recce 2nd place (1) Engineer 3rd place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty 1st place (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1)
40mm 2nd place (1) Wings Campaigner (1) POW Campaigner (1) Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm 1st place (1) Red Campaigner (1)
Green 1st place (1) AntiTank Campaigner (1) Easter14 2nd place (1) 60mm 2nd place (1) Lib Minis 1st (1) Terrain Campaigner (1)
Brit Minis 2nd place (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1) Big Game 2010 (1) 2010 Build (1) 2011 Build (1) 2012 Build (1)
2013 Build 3rd place (1) xmas15 2nd place (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2014 build 3rd place (1) 2015 build 2nd place (1) 2016 build 2nd place (1)

Postby cp models » 26 Sep 2013

4 man DAK assault grenadiers pack.

Provisional poses with photos of figures from my ranges as a rough pose guide.

the first pose comes from TQD GH-35...it is the man kneeling operating the goliath RC box. i want a man similarly posed with a slung Kar98 removing a stick grenade from a grenade case that is open in front or alongside of him............

pose #2 comes GS-13 and is based on the NCO holding binoculars to his eyes with his left hand as he holds a panzerfaust in his right hand. l would have this NCO with his slung mp38 looking thru binoculars while a stick grenade is held is right hand(or an alternative idea is to have him holding his MP at ready and possibly a couple of stick grenades lying by his right leg)

Pose #3 and 4 are any of the kneeling figures from pack GS-30,31...... talking about the first two men kneeling in eith er #30 or #31 I would want a man holding his kar 98 by his left leg with the stock resting flat on the ground and a multi-head stick grenade in his right hand and the fourth figure holding his car 98 flat on the ground with his left hand and we place either a sticky mine or stick grenade in his right hand.....the idea is that this group of assault grenadiers is halted or taking cover and about to attack a bunker,Mg position or a light tank...........

all four men should have loose fitting tunics and somewhat baggy trousers tucked in low ankle boots(no high lace up boots!!) either soft cap or steel helmet(goggles worn over brim of helmet/bill of cap or around throat,some with scarves) all men dressed in light kit bread bag and canteen,gas mask container and entrenching tool with bayonet frog. if it's possible,i would like one man wearing the WW1 sturmtruppen grenade bags and one other man with an extra grenade in his belt or festooned from makeshift strap around his neck.......this is how i want these guys to look.

These would probably be more suited to Italy than Africa but still generally med theatre

Mark
cp models
Nick Nack

Postby gghirel » 27 Sep 2013

the key factor will be whether the figures are wearing the goggles and scarves. this is probably the most important distinction in uniforms of the DAK and italy. None of my plans include figures in shorts,the high lace up boots or sun helmets. once the range is up and going i would like to include a specialized panzerknacker team with panzerfausts and panzershrek,but these are not yet in use for N.africa. of course,i am hoping for both financial and conceptual aid from other members. but for what it's worth, in going over my long research i found a few photos of some pioneer assualt troops in n.africa with grenade bags and magnetic mines. now, if i can remember which book it's in, i'll be glad to send the photo in to the sculptor......also want to incorporate British and Italian troops for both africa and even greece and italy. the few figures of the Med.British in c-p's catalogue are magnificently done and they need further additions be it in shirtsleeves,pullovers,long/short trousers and helmets for both to be worn either in NW europe or the mediterranean. all help and suggestions are most welcome
gghirel
Emilio Locque

Postby TommyGn » 15 Jul 2014

cp models wrote:

pose #2 comes GS-13 and is based on the NCO holding binoculars to his eyes with his left hand as he holds a panzerfaust in his right hand. l would have this NCO with his slung mp38 looking thru binoculars while a stick grenade is held is right hand(or an alternative idea is to have him holding his MP at ready and possibly a couple of stick grenades lying by his right leg)

Pose looking at binoculars and holding grenade, is not good idea. I think that, when someone need to look something at far distance, have no chance to throuh grenade so far. So grenade at ready at other hand, is useless.
TommyGn
Rosa Klebb

Return to CP models: Group builds