Alert

If your name looks like spam your account will be deleted.

1914-1918

What was happened with 7th figure from TQD-BR7 ?

What was happened with 7th figure from TQD-BR7 ?

Postby TommyGn » 07 Aug 2013

Some time ago I saw that initially set of british Mediterranean infantry has 7 soldiers. So what was happened with 7th figure [charging with bayonet :duel: ] from set TQD-BR7 1941-43 MED THEATRE BRITISH INFANTRY ??? I like it very much. :clap:
I sometime not happy with poses mixed in TQD british sets. It is in TQD-BR7 too. I don’t like that together are soldiers in long trousers and jackets and one pose in shorts and shirt. For me it look like rather as soldiers from different units.
I hope, that this 7th soldier was removed, because there were too many figures in set [most of them have till 5]. So maybe You could remove both these guys in shorts and add to them another three Tommies in shorts, and do next sets. I think it cold be nice strength up for desert sets from WarTime.

PS
I just bought my first four sets of british and I'm really impressive :wave:
TommyGn
Rosa Klebb

Re: What was happened with 7th figure from TQD-BR7 ?

Postby cp models » 09 Aug 2013

Hi Tommy

Glad you were happy with the figures you bought always nice to hear :grin:

To be honest this is a set I wasn't happy with the mix of trousers and shorts in the one set but as far as I am aware it as always been a six figure set, so I tended to use the guys wearing shorts as random variants with this set

I have decided to change TQD-BR07 to a five figure set with them all wearing trousers and sell the two guys in shorts as a new two figure set TQD-BR8 making them available on their own for now

Thanks for the feedback

Mark
cp models
Nick Nack

Postby gghirel » 11 Aug 2013

Hi Mark, i really love those Mediterranean British infantry,especially the ones with the shorts. any chance you may do some more poses of these infantrymen in typical desert kit? great stuff!
gghirel
Sandor

Postby TommyGn » 13 Aug 2013

I have decided to change TQD-BR07 to a five figure set with them all wearing trousers and sell the two guys in shorts as a new two figure set TQD-BR8 making them available on their own for now

Thank You. BR8 will very worth to buy, but maybe its good moment to expand it to 4-5 figures with more poses, if old sculptor is available. :hello:
TommyGn
Rosa Klebb

Postby TommyGn » 14 Aug 2013

OK BR8 is officially on site. So maybe 3 more desert Tommies as BR9 :wave:
There is in my opinion, another reason to split old BR7. Boys in short look very fighting :duel: , and in trousers rather marching or patroling. And most of all this excellent 7th figures was unemployed.
So I think I buy BR8 at least twice :grin: . And BR7 too. ;)
TommyGn
Rosa Klebb

Postby cp models » 17 Aug 2013

Hi Guys

Glad you like the re-working of the sets

It would be nice to add some reinforcements to the med theatre British but I know Tony is tied up at present and once he is free he is going to be working on our current Fall of Berlin group build but once that is sorted out it's definatly a possibility

Would anybody be interested in a future group build featuring med/desert theatre british and their adversaries ?

Mark
cp models
Nick Nack

Postby grant » 08 Dec 2013

cp models wrote:Hi Guys
Would anybody be interested in a future group build featuring med/desert theatre british and their adversaries ?

Mark

Sorry for the necromancy, but I would like to do a project around Op. Husky, and Canadian adventure in Sicily! Short shorts. :P
grant

Postby gghirel » 08 Dec 2013

i am on board for this as well. have hopes to be involved in comprehensive range of figures suitable for n.africa,greece,italy. like actual suggestions for uniforms,poses,etc.
gghirel
Sandor

Postby Iain R » 08 Jan 2017

More thread necromancy! Sorry, I was going to just add a new topic asking my question, but it seemed sort of relevant to add it here....

Just wondering if there was any further developments in adding to the Med/Desert Brits line at all? A couple more in shorts, perhaps, or the addition of a Boys AT rifle or other support weapons...
My painting blog: http://watchitdry.blogspot.co.uk/ - For work in progress, and other stuff that doesn't end up on here...
Bobinantes Boreales! http://bobinantesboreales.blogspot.co.uk/ - The gaming blog of The Roaring Northerners
Iain R
Goldfinger

Medals: 11
FriendFoe 1st place (1) Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Red 3rd place (1) Green Campaigner (1)
Ambulance 1st place (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2014 build 3rd place (1) 2015 build campaigner (1) 2016 build campaigner (1)

Postby cp models » 14 Jan 2017

Iain

Yes it is something I would like to do.

Unfortunately I have been tied up with 28mm projects lately, maybe later this year if Tony is available to do them.

Mark
cp models
Nick Nack

Postby Iain R » 15 Jan 2017

Excellent, I'll keep me eyes peeled then!

In the mean time I've just recieved the ones I've ordered, top service, many thanks! :hello:
Iain R
Goldfinger

Medals: 11
FriendFoe 1st place (1) Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Red 3rd place (1) Green Campaigner (1)
Ambulance 1st place (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2014 build 3rd place (1) 2015 build campaigner (1) 2016 build campaigner (1)

Postby TommyGn » 25 Apr 2017

I think that now is good time to release more desert Tommies, because btg Tobruk has been printed.
As I said: maybe 3 more desert Tommies as BR9 :wave: - in atacking poses similar to BR8. I think that Bren gunner with section will be fine choice. There is no such like it.
TommyGn
Rosa Klebb

Return to CP Models: Questions