Website update

Quality miniatures for gamers, collectors & painters

Website update

Postby cp models » 17 Jun 2013

Hi Guys I have changed the layout of my site to hopefully get a better look so if anyone fancies casting an eye over it I would appreciate any comments

I am also in the process of updating the pictures I am thinking of replacing any low resolution painted pictures with blacked up castings what do you guys think do you prefer painted or unpainted pictures

Thanks for any input

Mark
cp models
Nick Nack

Re: Website update

Postby Colonel White » 17 Jun 2013

Site looks fine. Not noticed anything different TBH. :good:

I personally would prefer pictures of painted figures any time over bare castings. The paint shows the details more and gives you an idea on how the figure should look once painted ;)
Founder and only known member of the Cromwell Tank appreciation society.

Sticking up for the rights and welfare of Cromwell tanks since 2013
Colonel White
Blofeld

Postby cp models » 17 Jun 2013

Mainly slight tweaks to the layout and some colour changes but its basically the same

I will try to put up painted pictures where ever possible the main problem is with some of the pictures I inherited when I took over CP with them being at a very low resolution/size as per the two examples below

The FJ the picture is very small and difficult to see the set and the other one I find the black background distracting and dont think it is doing the figures any favours

My aim is to try to get good detailed pictures of every set on the site although it is not going to happen overnight as I shall probably look at doing one range at a time

Thanks for your feedback its much appreciated

Mark
cp models
Nick Nack

Postby ArisKosionidis » 18 Jun 2013

Hi Mark!
Took a look at the site. It looks good, it's easier to the eye at the very least. A couple of remarks, which you should feel free to ignore :grin: :
a) It might actually be better if the range headers are marked with something more distinctive than simply a larger font size. They're on the same light grey background as the individual lines, and it takes a bit to figure out the layout.
b) I had to scroll down a fair bit to get to the 20mm listings. Not really a problem, but I could see how it might be frustrating occasionally. Not sure how that can be fixed- maybe add a little "click here for 20mm" icon linked to a hashtag where the listings begin?
c) My personal preference is for unpainted figures. Painted is quite appealing, but if the painter's style is different to my own it doesn't help me imagine what my miniatures would look like. The old system with the figures simply given a wash did, and I prefer it. Maybe have a gallery for painted minis?
LIke I said, feel free to totally ignore the above. Keep up the good work!
Aris K.
And paranoia has its time and place...that being all the time and every place.
ArisKosionidis
Goldfinger

Medals: 10
Cav Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1) Scratch1 Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1)
Terrain Campaigner (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1) 2010 Build (1) 2011 Build (1)

Postby cp models » 18 Jun 2013

Hi Aris k

I did think about changing the range headers to a different colour text to make them stand out a bit more and it would also make the range links a bit more obvious but it is always a balancing act as I want to keep that easy on the eye look.

It will probably end up as a mix of painted and washed figures I have started to rework the pictures on the TQD US range and removed some of the lower resolution images and replaced them with washed figures.

Thanks for the feedback

Mark
cp models
Nick Nack

Return to CP Models: News and Releases