The List

The List

Postby elhiem » 10 Oct 2012

The wants idea is obviously popular, so I will keep track of ideas by adding them here.

Pre WW2

Spanish Civil War - both sides
2x WWI
Winter War Soviets

WW2

Allies
2x British Commandoes for 1944.
Warwick sculpted as Oddball, Will sculpted as Crapgame and myself sculpted as Kelly... The 'BGN' personality set!
UDT (frogmen) ,,American tank riders
I'll second the expansion of the WWII RM Commandos and th
Some WWII UK and US Shore Party types might be cool
-Summer soviets with an actual summer look about them: rolled-up sleeves, an open colar or two.
-US infantry, ETO/MTO in shirtsleeve order, jacket rolled up and put under belt.
2x ww 2 american paras and
ww 2 british infantry
Some dashing WW2 Russian cavalry and decent gun and artillery crews .You do great mortar crews already ;)
Ordinary Russian cavalry (not cossacks). And including LMGs, ATRs and mortars.
Perhaps some Free French troops for WW2 in conjunction with BGN
soviet scouts expanded
Summer Soviets, how about some casualties suitable for doing up 'pin' markers & such?
Late War WWII Soviet Naval Infantry (mix of Army and Navy gear, at least sailors wearing helmets!)'
red army gun crew

Axis

2x Armed Kriegsmarine infantry
Volksturm
2x HJ tank hunters,
1x German personalities(Hitler, Eva, etc.)
4 x Some nice DAK or Mediterrainean Theatre Germans (not FJ inc seated figures and snipers/spotters)
4x LFD range
2x -WWII Finns in summer(!) uniforms.
-Specific Kursk (mid war summer) German infantry? (Heer) Most in Jackboots,a few not, 'old' sidecap, rolled-up sleeves, an early panzerfaust thrown in, some helmet covers, MG 42, a Gew. 43, some open colars, some not. NCO with captured PPSH.
-Hiwi's, eastern police batalions
The MG34 team and MP40 dude for my dismounted German motorbikers! :grin:
3x 'd like to see tho a complete later war waffen SS range done in your new style, with lots of character, mixed armour, Stg44's,k98's a good mix etc
Late War WWII Hungarians (Mix of captured Soviet and older WWI gear as well as SMGs
panzer lehr

PTO

USMC artillery crew in t-shirts and bare chested, with and without helmets, for Pacific or Vietnam.

e-1940 Japanese (stiff standing collars and shoulder rank bars) for China and Lake Khasan/Khalkhin Gol.
XIVth Army and chindits.
PTO US army - supposedly different from the USMC, although I could be wrong.
WWII USMC with shotguns

A selection of SE Asian irregulars in civilian clothing (trousers, shorts, and sarongs) and headgear (panamas, topees, fezes, and side caps) armed with Mausers and Arisakas. They'd be remarkably versatile as Viet Minh and Filipino guerrillas, Indonesian nationalists, Malay home guardsmen, and Thai militiamen.
The Guild, if it didn't exist we would have to invent it.
https://www.facebook.com/TheGuildWargamers
elhiem
Kananga

Medals: 20
Capt Campaigner (1) Cav Campaigner (1) Arty Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Armour Campaigner (1)
Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1) Winter Campaigner (1) POW Campaigner (1)
Red Campaigner (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Battle 2nd place (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1) Big Game 2010 (1)
Big Game 2011 (1) 2011 Build (1)

Re: The List

Postby elhiem » 11 Oct 2012

Cold War

General Interest x6
cold war NATO-URSS figures, alternative heads for the existing russians with sidecaps, paras/naval infantry berets, beisbol caps (as afstan)..., NATO with berets, more US 1985-91 troops in ligth order kits (Granada, Panama,...). And modern tank raiders for the M113, BMPs, etc (im thinking that NATO troops will be useful also as african regulars troops over his vehicles)
AFV crews for the 70/80/90s WP and NATO

2x Generic use soldiers... and unlike everyone else here is what I mean :P
WEASTERN
Peacked caps/ field caps (whatever is the right term for modern troops) as well as some old Helmets
M16's and M60's perhaps a few AK's for good measure
mixed uniform mostly old US or NATO
and most importantly... could be used as tropical troops.

EASTERN
Soviet helmets or peaked caps
loads of AK's or even some chinese weapons
Soviet body armour and other mixed armour
RPG's and RPK's
designed for non arid environments

NBC troops
Something like you soviet NBC soldiers but with body armo

NATO

NAT (generic G3 and FAL w M1 helmets)

Cold War NATO .50/.30 crew M1 Helmet Light webbing
Cold War Canadians/Dutch//South African/ M1 Helmet, Bush Hat, SLR, FN MAG, Carl Gustarv
2x Modern tanker halves - Cold War Nato/Soviet and ultra modern
More Cold War dudes with FN FAL, GPMG, Uzi and Dragon. Oh and other support weapons like mortars, MG's and Stingers.
NATO guy in M1 pot with LAW and G3 (I know I`ve been begging for this one for ages) :beg:
I'm putting my hat in the ring for Cold War Canadians with C7A1s so they could be useable for Bosnia as well?
My votes all relate to the expansion of the NATO Cold War range including:
- A few more West Germans to include Sustained Fire Mount MG team and mortar team, FOs, officers, snipers, RTOs etc.
- same for the generic NATO and BAOR figures
- Canadian & Dutch range
- expansion of both the US ranges to a similar size as the West German range, including Dragon, ground mounted TOW team
2x - West German armed police
- a set of Military Police
Canadian Blowpipe
Oh 1980s British with LMG and 66LAW. And for novelty value a British Tank Commander with one of those umbrella hats on!!
Actually some 66mm laws to add to based and bergens abd such would be useful
And British Radio Ops Clansman and Larkspur (Main difference in this scale probably being the Mic/Headsets) Perhaps suitable Coy Command types, sniper etc.
command pack and mortars
Cold War Germans (officers, NCOs with Uzis), Cold War 1986-ish Americans (Fritz helmets, M16A1) and Vietnam. I'd also like to see a further expansion/completion of the 1993 Somalia range.

BAOR

2x Cold War Brits in a wider variety of poses
he 70s and 80s our doctrine was pretty defencive and involved spending a lot of time in two man fire trenches, so instant want - 70s/80s British in fire trenches!

BW (West Germans same as G3 Nato sets but with gas mask bag and helmet foliage or net)

USA

2x Cold War US Dragon M1 Helmet and K Pot
3x Arctic figures.
2x Also modern US NBC teams.US 80s era MOPP Gear with older M17 Masks, mix of K-pot and M1 Helmet

FRC (French Coldwar, FAMAS because they are awkward)

WARPAC

Cold War Soviet AGS 17, AT7,SPG 9 crews for the different uniform styles
2x Modern tanker halves - Cold War Nato/Soviet and ultra modern
2x More soviets in brown suits
Also some Vintorez spetsnaz types would be nice, as no one does them atm.
cold war Spetsnatz types (I realise I can use VDV in berets, but a set of dedicated Soviet special forces would be good. Maybe based around back dating some of the photos from Chechnya a few years?)
Soviet SA7
I still would like to see some Soviet engineers with minedetectors and sticks and such for A'stan/Cold War. Could easily be used for moderns as well.

Other Conflicts

Portuguese African Wars 1961-1974
2x And 1980's SADF
Rhodesians
2x OH! Almost slipped my boggy mind... Portuguese African Wars. Generic infantry (Europeans and Africans w/ kikos/berets), support weapons and Paras w/ AR10 (Angola, Mozambique) and/or G3A4 (Guinea, Mozambique). Love this foto of Paras boarding a Puma after a mission in Angola: http://www.boinas-verdes.com/album_bcp21/bcp21-107.jpg
It would also be great to have a 20mm cannon and gunner for the Allouette.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tX5NcuPJltc/T ... bo_Mau.jpg
Malayan Emergancy (War) Bits/Commonwealth, Plantation owners, MNLA terrorists, Malayan Police force, etc. Posibly some slightly later Brits (SLRs) and Indonesians to expand the use of the figures to Borneo...?
Korea
French paras for Kolwezi.
elhiem
Kananga

Capt Campaigner (1) Cav Campaigner (1) Arty Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Armour Campaigner (1)
Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1) Winter Campaigner (1) POW Campaigner (1)
Red Campaigner (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Battle 2nd place (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1) Big Game 2010 (1)

[b]Falklands[/b]

x2

Falklands Argies
3x I'd be very keen to get some Argentinians as the current available ranges aren't a patch on your work
elhiem
Kananga

Middle East Modern

IDF / Arabs for 67-73 wars on these requests .... But I assume that the cold war NATO guys with FN can be used as IDF and the cold war Russians can be used as Arabs. That leaves the War of independence and Lebanon...

RG - Iraqi 2003

Iraqi artillery crew

Iranians

Expanding the Cold War Nato range to be more useful as Iranians - AK/RPG/artillery crew
Iranian Commandos w/RPG's
Alright, fine then... Iranians :P

Afghans

seated Afghans, Iraqis x2

Other

Modern PLA (attraction is the plenty of what-if scenarios for 'em, plus you can also use them to fight Somalis and Xinjiang insurgents who dress almost identical to Talibs)
Modern IDF
IDF and Syrians
Western Insurgents/Rioters.
Generic troopers.
I would like to see some more insurgent types, both in Shemagh and bare headed.
Bare headed in RPG and LMg support packs
Plus packs for the support weapons available.
In a mix of civilian and traditional dress plus military items.
These would allow forces to be fielded which would be able to represent most of the civil wars
And civil unrest within the Arab states.
Iraqi Sagger AT-3 team
Syrian/Egyptians for Yom Kippur and Lebanon. Your Iraqi range with Russian helmets and some 'taches would suit :this:
elhiem
Kananga

Far East Modern

Modern Chinese
-Modern Chinese PLA x5
elhiem
Kananga

Modern West

Modern ADF
For Moderns, perhaps some GSG-9 fellas.
-G36 armed Special Forces teams (KSK etc)
-modern tank crews (various countries)
On the this topic, I could only really ask for some Rangers and Tier One SOF for the 2001 to 2004/5 period for Iraq and Afghanistan. The operators could be generic enough to act as Delta, DEVGRU, 22SAS, SASR etc in a mix of kit ala TF Black and Anaconda era AFO.
Also agree on an SF type with a 417 or similar for airborne sniper cover- would be very useful. Some Little Bird pod riders of this era would also be very useful.
As opposition, I'd like to see one more pack of Iraqi insurgent variants- four more jokers in keffiyehs and AKs would do the trick (maybe one wearing a SBIED vest?).
On the conventional side, a US Army and USMC sculpt with a mine detector would be really useful as would a US tactical UAV team. Also a USMC sculpt with an M32 MGL and maybe the new M27 would be very cool.
I'd also like to see an increase in your Viet Cong at some point as they are absolutely beautiful sculpts and match very well with QC/FAA.
Also, saw the teaser of an ISAF Canadian - more to come?
TF Ranger and Tier 1 Operators is a big one, My vote for rangers would be the ACU/UCP trousers with the grey PCU jackets, ranger vest webbing, and they had SCARs for a while in A-Stan....Just some visual dfferences to set them apart from regular army boys and marines in 20mm
Also second the Modern Tankers and KSK.
Modern German Bundeswehr which i know is coming eventually but just thought i'd add it here :P
1 or 2 teams of SEAL with their scuba suits (maybe and a small boat with its assault team or an Underwater Diver Propulsion Vehicle, or a Swimmer Delivery Vehicle). It would be nice for oil platform senarios. Furthermore, one more idea that I have is ,if it possible, to create modern greek soldiers (especially our Special Forces). I know that we are a small nation (with billions of problems now) but as a wargamer and a collector for almost 20 years I never had my country's modern army in miniatures. I can help you and provide you with all the information about weapons, uniform etc if u want.
How's about a selection of Rangers/SF types in the midst of a rappel or fast-rope, for attaching to the underside of helicopters (or the sides of buildings) - they'd be of similar use to your Delta Snipers designed for sitting on helicopter side-benches, and with that helicopter magazine release I'm sure there are plenty of Blackhawk models kicking around that could do with a little sprucing up!

Thank you very much for your time,

Miltos
some modern tank crews
seated SOF for side pods of MH-6 Littlebirds
standing/ kneeling SOF sniper with Ghillie
US dog handler for Iraq/A-stan

A Pack of SAW Gunners for US Army/USMC - You have Grenadiers [IOT08] and NCO [IOT04] but a Pack of SAW Gunners would be very nice and helpful.
Ultra modern IDF and suitable PLO. There are a lack of modern insurgents in western clothes with webbing and weapons :this:

Modern Russia

Grozny
Modern Russians!!!!
Chechens
elhiem
Kananga

Postby elhiem » 04 Dec 2012

Zombies, Pulp Sci Fi

Some love for the Zombie / Pulp line would be cool.
4x New helmets and weapons on all the ultra-moderns to make them near future sci-fi, e.g. Traveller 2300AD, Halo etc
Modern FBI/Secret Service/Men in Black Agents (black suits, earpieces, black sunglasses, etc :cool: )
more modern zombies would be nice.
I'd also love to see a 'not' Snake Plisskin, given that he features in one of the FOF:CWGH scenarios :)
Cowboy's/wild west range,
Pirates range (the swash buckling kind lol)
Post Apoc stuff anywhere from Mad max to the road and in between i guess! dark future range by GW would be a nice place to start for ideas!
A 'not-predator' (As it would make for an interesting fog of war card for FoF :grin: )

Some 'grey' Aliens and Suits (Not-Mulder and not-Scully would be cool, but any suits would do :) ) for some more 'Modern' pulp games...

Triffids?

Modern western 'civillians' with sporting arms (Double barrel shotguns, bolt action rifles, etc) preferably in fairly period neutral clothing - e.g. jeans and T-shirts, trousers and jumpers, rather than in more modern stuff like hoodies and low slung jeans. Possibly the occasional piece of more militaristic gear such as webbing, combat trousers, etc. A couple with WW2 pieces of kit could also look good (I've got some reference pics of all sorts of old gear being used in the early days of the Balklan Wars - from Lewis guns to PPSh's! Despite the weapons, the clothing isu usally very modern, so it wouldn't be very esy to convert WW2 partisans, which would otherwise be the logical choice...)

Ninja - yep you read right with all the new art of battle or whatever zvezda is calling its latest game there will be call for Samurai and Ninja battles - get in before they do I say
More hooded cultists - possibly some with more modern weapons? I was thinking of maybe a pack of 3/4 with bolt action rifles (or maybe older Semi-autos - Garands & M1s?) and shotguns, a pack of 3/4 with assorted automatic weapons (AKs & M16s?) and a 'support' pack (RPK, RPG, chainsaw/disc cutter weilding fanatic and a chap with a scoped hunting rifle?)
Thinking they'd make quite a funky faction for 20mm 'post-apocalypse' games of various types, and also could be good opponents for the various Police/SWAT teams?
elhiem
Kananga

Vietnam

More!

US
2x Howabout USMC for vietnam? Just regular rifle platoon jobs in kevlar vests ('68?)

Allies
2x More Arvn
RVN Field Police
ARVN/Mike Force w/ M3 SMG's
ARVN/Mike Force w/M1919A6
ARVN/Mike Force w/Bazooka
Indochina FFL w/Bazooka

NVA/VC

NVA complete force. I cant find any complete ranges I like
VC/Viet Minh w/WWII weapons
VC w/RGP's
VC w/LMG
Viet Minh/Viet Cong/NVA support personnel (artillerymen, spotters, porters, stretcher bearers, casualties; I imagine you could do them in basic fatigues with light small arms and fit for all the Vietnam Wars)

Montangnards/Tais/GCMA irregulars, in lightweight native dress with light weapons, like SMGs, rifles, carbines, and some light support weapons like .30 cals and 60mm mortars (could also be used for WWII Karens/Kachins)

French

French and French Colonial troops for Indochina.
I vote for anything Indochina really, but at the top of my list:
Viet Minh with SMG/rifles and support weapons
French/CEFEO with bush hats and command figs with PIMs;
ANV with US/French weapons and equipment
Supplétifs Militaires/Irregulars
x5
elhiem
Kananga

Updated 4th December 2012
elhiem
Kananga

Postby whoa mohamed » 05 Dec 2012

Sappers bare headed in shorts
whoa mohamed
Baron Samedi

Postby Gonzo » 02 Mar 2014

Early WW2 German (Heer and Luftwaffe) gun crews, engineers and tank/vehicle crews? Please? :beg:
Gonzo
Mr Kidd

Medals: 1
AntiTank Campaigner (1)

Postby BindonBlood » 25 May 2014

Some more of the not-Federation figures? A Not Servalan and Not Travis, plus a heavy weapon and crew, Not Mutoids, plus some extra command figures?

Perhaps even some Not Liberators crew?

Those we have are very nice, but few in numbers...
BindonBlood
Mr Osato

Postby bagnooboy » 26 May 2014

Ww2 pacific Australians? Not a lot in great detail currently.
2010-2012 special forces in helmets (mich 2000's) and plate carriers like the DBT FAPC, RRV, suitable for that time period coalition SF eg. 2cdo regiment, US SFOD, ODA's
"you don't fight for queen or country, but the mate to the left and to the right of you, because when the rounds start flying, they're all you have got"
bagnooboy
Vargas

Postby start_the_purple » 26 May 2014

Fust-armed BDM/Flak girls to go with HJ tank hunters :beg:
'Hello Able 2. Have been hit by 88. Permission to bale out. Able 2. Over'
start_the_purple
Dr No

Medals: 6
Armour Campaigner (1) Portrait Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) xmas15 campaigner (1) easter15 2nd place (1)

Postby Jase » 23 Nov 2014

Hello, any plans for WW2 US Airborne sniper and medic figures? They would be perfect additions to my 20mm Chain of Command force.

Oh, and engineers :)

And flamethrowers
Exitus Acta Probat
Jase
Vargas

Postby Panzerfaust 150 » 24 Nov 2014

US Army Cold War dismounted tankers in CVC helmets and BDUs/Nomex tankers gear with a variety of small arms, perhaps even a fella with a M3 Grease Gun? They still issued those monstrosities to tank crews.....

Soviet Cold War infantrymen in greatcoats and Afghanska uniforms.

Soviet Cold War Spetsnaz in KMLK Suits and AKSU.

Cold War casualty sets (US, Soviet and NATO/Warpac)
http://500twilight2000.blogspot.com/ - 500 Miles to the German Border, A Blog about Miniature Wargaming in the Twilight: 2000 milleu

http://festungplatz.blogspot.com/ - FestungPlatz, a blog for my BG WWII projects
Panzerfaust 150
Mishka

Medals: 1
2011 Build (1)

Return to Elhiem: Questions and Wants