Alert

If your name looks like spam your account will be deleted.

1914-1918

Request for a scenario book!

Request for a scenario book!

Postby dead1 » 19 Apr 2017

Would Ironfist Publishing consider releasing a scenario book featuring all scenarios released up to now (and maybe some new ones)? The scenarios can of course be adapted from theatre to theatre and force to force and it would be awesome to have them all collated in one book/package for this purpose.

Whilst in an ideal world it would be cool to buy every single book, real life budgets don't allow everyone to do this!
dead1
Mayday

Medals: 1
2014 build (1)

Re: Request for a scenario book!

Postby Gunbird » 19 Apr 2017

Do you really need crisps and beer in the weekend? Abstain for a month and voila, budget. And having a 2nd kidney is really a waste of space as well, it adds disposable income on the black market and lets you loose weight in one go, while being able to afford another book :)
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, travels around to get in the occasional game. Current flavour of the month - scenery frenzy! My Blog >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/
Gunbird
Stromberg

Medals: 29
Capt Campaigner (1) Arty Campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1) Scratch1 3rd place (1) England Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1)
Building 3rd place (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1)
Sniper 2nd place (1) Winter Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1) Wings 2nd place (1) Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm 3rd place (1)
Red Campaigner (1) Green 2nd place (1) AntiTank Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) dday 1st place (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1)
Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) SandS 2nd place (1) Big Game 2010 (1) xmas15 campaigner (1)

Postby Olivier » 19 Apr 2017

Gunbird wrote:Do you really need crisps and beer in the weekend? Abstain for a month and voila, budget. And having a 2nd kidney is really a waste of space as well, it adds disposable income on the black market and lets you loose weight in one go, while being able to afford another book :)

better,
bred children and sell their second kidney..
I've got five ... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Olivier
Largo

Medals: 28
Capt Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Building Campaigner (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1)
Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) fortified campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1)
40mm Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1) POW Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1)
Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Terrain 3rd place (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1) Battle 3rd place (1) SandS Campaigner (1) Battlegroup 3rd place (1)
2010 Build 3rd place (1) 2011 Build 3rd place (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2015 build campaigner (1)

Postby Piers » 19 Apr 2017

Well the new hardback rulebook has all the generic scenarios.

There won't be a book of already published scenarios though. Not sure it would sell very much without the special rules and stats to play them...

But also it would mean doing that instead of a new book.

So no... I'm afraid there won't be a scenario compilation book.
 ‘Landed. Killed Germans. F***ed off.’ - Major Anders Lassen's operational report to the Admiralty.
'...its not a realistic expectation, that you can use a tank as a sort of big 'fruit-squashing' machine' - Woz
Piers
Dominic Greene

Medals: 41
Capt Campaigner (1) Cav Campaigner (1) Arty 1st place (1) Comm 2nd place (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1)
England Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Comms Campaigner (1) Armour 3rd place (1) Terrain2 1st place (1) fortified 1st place (1)
Recce 2nd place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty 1st place (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1) 40mm 2nd place (1)
Wings Campaigner (1) POW Campaigner (1) Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm 1st place (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green 1st place (1)
AntiTank Campaigner (1) Easter14 2nd place (1) 60mm 2nd place (1) Lib Minis 1st (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis 2nd place (1)
Scen1 Campaigner (1) Big Game 2010 (1) 2010 Build (1) 2011 Build (1) 2012 Build (1) 2013 Build 3rd place (1)
xmas15 2nd place (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2014 build 3rd place (1) 2015 build 2nd place (1) 2016 build 2nd place (1)

Postby The Waxed Moustache » 19 Apr 2017

There are hordes of scenarios available for other company-level systems, most of which are easily adaptable for BG. I've used Too Fat Lardies' IABSM scenarios with BG with no problems.
The Waxed Moustache
Vargas

Postby dead1 » 20 Apr 2017

Oh well it was worth a try. :thumbsup:
dead1
Mayday

Medals: 1
2014 build (1)

Postby Nazrat » 20 Apr 2017

I have been adapting a bunch of the Skirmish Campaigns scenarios and they work pretty darn well. A few are too small to use but most are one or two platoons of infantry and a few platoons of tanks. Fun stuff!
Nazrat
Pussy Galore

Postby NTM » 20 Apr 2017

Chain of Command pint size campaigns translate well too.
NTM
Largo

Medals: 8
30mm Campaigner (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) xmas15 campaigner (1)
xmas14 campaigner (1) easter15 campaigner (1)

Postby Treadwell » 28 Apr 2017

:blink: :blink: Isn't the new rule book sort of a collection of all the generic scenarios? :grin:
"I've seen rough times but this is the worst. My whole squadrons had it. I'm going up with a tommy gun to fight with the Carleton and Yorks"
Treadwell
Gruntha

Return to Battlegroup Discussion