Alert

If your name looks like spam your account will be deleted.

1914-1918

My Battlegroup Tobruk plans..

My Battlegroup Tobruk plans..

Postby Jacques » 09 Mar 2017

I am very excited at the prospect of BGT and have glacially started putting 1/72 forces together :

Italians : Made up of most the available plastic sets and some support weapons and arty from Mirliton.

Union Defence Force (East Africa) : Mainly Strelets and SHQ for support and gun crews. And a sole plastic Marmon-Herrington a/c.

DAK : Most of the available plastic sets. And now PSC might be bringing out DAK.. ??!!

Indian - The new Strelets set but will have to get support weapons from SHQ or EWM.

British/other commonwealth - Mostly older plastic sets but lacking support weapons.

Well thats most of Africa sorted, apart from some few bits here and there. Now to finish painting all of it as most of the above have been started but not completed.

Regarding vehicles, I probably have enough to at least field a troop of something or other for each of the above. And some as yet unstarted aircraft kits.

Crete : Strelets have some New Zealanders that look OK but there is IMO a dearth of good German paratroops in plastic. Any suggestions re good early war FJ's ?

Anyway, thats my plans !
Jacques
Out of work Henchman

Re: My Battlegroup Tobruk plans..

Postby Piers » 09 Mar 2017

Sounds like a pretty complete plan! :grin:
 ‘Landed. Killed Germans. F***ed off.’ - Major Anders Lassen's operational report to the Admiralty.
'...its not a realistic expectation, that you can use a tank as a sort of big 'fruit-squashing' machine' - Woz
Piers
Dominic Greene

Medals: 41
Capt Campaigner (1) Cav Campaigner (1) Arty 1st place (1) Comm 2nd place (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1)
England Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Comms Campaigner (1) Armour 3rd place (1) Terrain2 1st place (1) fortified 1st place (1)
Recce 2nd place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty 1st place (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1) 40mm 2nd place (1)
Wings Campaigner (1) POW Campaigner (1) Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm 1st place (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green 1st place (1)
AntiTank Campaigner (1) Easter14 2nd place (1) 60mm 2nd place (1) Lib Minis 1st (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis 2nd place (1)
Scen1 Campaigner (1) Big Game 2010 (1) 2010 Build (1) 2011 Build (1) 2012 Build (1) 2013 Build 3rd place (1)
xmas15 2nd place (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2014 build 3rd place (1) 2015 build 2nd place (1) 2016 build 2nd place (1)

Postby z1pp132002 » 10 Mar 2017

Hey Jacques

If you are the Jacques I know how are you South Africans coming along?

GReg
z1pp132002
Nick Nack

Postby Makulator » 10 Mar 2017

what about the orion PARATROOPERS
They look like you could use them for crete.

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1022
Makulator
Mr Kidd

Postby dead1 » 05 Apr 2017

You forgot a key component:

TERRAIN!

:thumbsup:
dead1
Mayday

Medals: 1
2014 build (1)

Postby Ray » 05 Apr 2017

Jacques wrote:
Crete : Strelets have some New Zealanders that look OK but there is IMO a dearth of good German paratroops in plastic. Any suggestions re good early war FJ's ?

Forgetting about the panzerfaust and FG42 guy,the rest of the set is fine,and they are nice figures.
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1807

And if you can get them,these are perfect.
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=289
SOTCW 118
Ray Haskins
Fulltime figure painter.
No Job too small or big.
10% Discount to fellow Guilders.
Ray
Blofeld

Medals: 6
Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1) quick campaigner (1) 2015 build campaigner (1)

Postby Mahti » 09 Apr 2017

Revell para set is very flat. I have them and army made from them doesn't look very good. Caesar ones are good and Italieri makes a good set too (http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1733).
Mahti
Baron Samedi

Return to Battlegroup Discussion