New force builder for Battlegroup Kursk

Re: New force builder for Battlegroup Kursk

Postby tankbuffred » 08 Dec 2015

Have the same issue with Avast blocking the website. I've lodged a false positive report to them, but I don't know if it will do any good. I have to use my work laptop (uses Norton/Symantec AV) to get to the site now.
Not more blooming hedges!
tankbuffred
Helga Brandt

Postby lancer » 07 Jan 2016

Got the same warning, so I cant get to it either :cry:
lancer
Gobinda

Postby Ray » 08 Jan 2016

Was on just now without a hitch.
SOTCW 118
Ray Haskins
Fulltime figure painter.
No Job too small or big.
10% Discount to fellow Guilders.
Ray
Kananga

Medals: 6
Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1) quick campaigner (1) 2015 build campaigner (1)

Postby lancer » 08 Jan 2016

Just tried again, comes up with the same thing THREAT HAS BEEN DETECTED, so it either hates me, or its something to do with new windows which has been a pain in the bum since I loaded it :banghead:
lancer
Gobinda

Postby Ray » 08 Jan 2016

Could be new windows, is it windows 10 by any chance,if so i run 8 and won't go near 10 as it a bloody pain.
I am on the site with two computers, my laptop that runs 8 and has bullguard and my desk top which also runs 8 that runs Norton.
Ray
Kananga

Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1) quick campaigner (1) 2015 build campaigner (1)

Postby lancer » 08 Jan 2016

Yep windows bloody ten, do not recommend.
lancer
Gobinda

Postby Ray » 08 Jan 2016

lancer wrote:Yep windows bloody ten, do not recommend.

Then that's the problem.
Ray
Kananga

Postby dublindawg » 08 Jan 2016

It works fine on my IPad
dublindawg
Three Blind Mice

Postby lancer » 09 Jan 2016

Just tried it on my phone, and that worked, so I need to find a way of stopping it being blocked on my laptop.
lancer
Gobinda

Postby Chris S » 09 Jan 2016

I am absolutely no expert, but this might work. I'm still running Windows 8.1, so not sure that it is the same in Windows 10.

Right click on your browser's short-cut and choose 'Properties'.

Then choose the 'Compatibility' tab. Under that there is an option called 'Compatibility Mode' which allows you to run the program as if it was running under an earlier version of Windows. If that doesn't work there is also 'Compatibility Troubleshooter' option under the same tab.

Fingers crossed.
My painting/model-making blog - http://brushhistory.blogspot.co.uk/
Chris S
Scaramanga

Medals: 26
Capt Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) England 3rd place (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1) Armour Campaigner (1)
Portrait 1st place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1) Winter Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1)
Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) AntiTank 2nd place (1) Easter14 3rd place (1) 60mm campaigner (1)
Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1) Battlegroup Campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) 2014 build 2nd place (1)
easter15 1st place (1) 2015 build 3rd place (1)

Postby lancer » 09 Jan 2016

Got it to work, just don't know why but it suddenly worked :yahoo:
lancer
Gobinda

Postby Ray » 10 Jan 2016

lancer wrote:Got it to work, just don't know why but it suddenly worked :yahoo:

:clapping:
Ray
Kananga

Postby brucka » 19 Aug 2016

Only works if I turn off Avast. Actually even with Avast shields turned off it still blocks. Doesn't block on android.
"This one goes to eleven." - Spinal Tap"
brucka
Three Blind Mice

Postby Ilkahn » 21 Nov 2016

I'm still waiting on my rule books to arrive, however i do have a question about how the battlegroups are built here.

Army builders for other WW2 games i play tell me how many models are needed for squads etc. This doesn't appear to do that. Am i correct in thinking that the books pre-define a squad?

Like a pz grenadier squad may be made up of 10 men including a LMG section? Or a russian rifle squad is 12 men?

Any pre information appreciated.
Ilkahn
Oddjob

Postby Piers » 21 Nov 2016

Yes all the info is on the army lists.
 ‘Landed. Killed Germans. F***ed off.’ - Major Anders Lassen's operational report to the Admiralty.
'...its not a realistic expectation, that you can use a tank as a sort of big 'fruit-squashing' machine' - Woz
Piers
Dominic Greene

Medals: 41
Capt Campaigner (1) Cav Campaigner (1) Arty 1st place (1) Comm 2nd place (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1)
England Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Comms Campaigner (1) Armour 3rd place (1) Terrain2 1st place (1) fortified 1st place (1)
Recce 2nd place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty 1st place (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1) 40mm 2nd place (1)
Wings Campaigner (1) POW Campaigner (1) Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm 1st place (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green 1st place (1)
AntiTank Campaigner (1) Easter14 2nd place (1) 60mm 2nd place (1) Lib Minis 1st (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis 2nd place (1)
Scen1 Campaigner (1) Big Game 2010 (1) 2010 Build (1) 2011 Build (1) 2012 Build (1) 2013 Build 3rd place (1)
xmas15 2nd place (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2014 build 3rd place (1) 2015 build 2nd place (1) 2016 build 2nd place (1)

Postby Ilkahn » 23 Nov 2016

Piers wrote:Yes all the info is on the army lists.

Thank you, i'm taking this to mean things are "pre-ordained" of sorts. Some games i've played define the squad while others allow you to monkey around with it. Found a link to some battlereps where forces were laid out showing us newcomers kind of how things work. Considering i've already Painted 3 boxes of german and Soviet Infantry along with 2 boxes each of Heavy Weapons compliments for them i'm relatively sure i've more than enough models for any games i wish to play. I've panthers, Mark IV, IIIs, Stugs, T34s galore, T70s, most everything.

Based upon my "300pt" lists, i'm heading to my hobby shop today to pick up some gaz jeeps and a couple other things i saw i didn't have.

Hurry Printers HURRY!
Ilkahn
Oddjob

Postby NTM » 23 Nov 2016

It's not like for example Bolt Action where you buy a basic squad then add various bits to it. Organisation reflects real world TO&E. The two you cite are German squad 5 man rifle team and 3 man LMG, Russian 8 man squad including LMG.
NTM
Largo

Medals: 8
30mm Campaigner (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) xmas15 campaigner (1)
xmas14 campaigner (1) easter15 campaigner (1)

Postby Ilkahn » 23 Nov 2016

NTM wrote:It's not like for example Bolt Action where you buy a basic squad then add various bits to it. Organisation reflects real world TO&E. The two you cite are German squad 5 man rifle team and 3 man LMG, Russian 8 man squad including LMG.

Thank you, this makes sense to me according to the models in the boxes. I've actually a 4th box of russian and german guys i've not painted yet all from PSC. Something about their models i've really liked over the years. Each sprue has a different base finish so i could build and identify each sqaud in game. Each box of 3 sprues were used to build a 3 single squads for me, so this will translate well into this game as well.

I see escentially what is going on via the print out from battlegroup builder. So for instance if i select a soviet rifle platoon i'm going to have 4 squads made as the book describes along with a defined command squad. More or less like that.

I believe i'm understanding how this will resemble. I'm worse than a kid in a candy store, swear it i do.
Ilkahn
Oddjob

Postby Ilkahn » 28 Nov 2016

NTM wrote:It's not like for example Bolt Action where you buy a basic squad then add various bits to it. Organisation reflects real world TO&E. The two you cite are German squad 5 man rifle team and 3 man LMG, Russian 8 man squad including LMG.

I downloaded the Dispatches from Facebook. I now have an inside look at how your system seems to be working in so far as models. It also makes more sense to me what i'm looking at on the army builder. I really appreciate you all.

I'm very excited to play this now, and even more so since grabbing the PDF. I want to expose the local gaming group to this prior to christmas if at all possible. Looks amazing, and the pics of the hardbacks look like they rival the bolt action books or maybe better.
Ilkahn
Oddjob

Postby Mephiston » 28 Jan 2017

Just wondering if the author of this site is still around, and if so are the two lists from the new rule book going to be added?

I've been using this app and find it really helpful.

Thanks.
My Occasional Blog
Mephiston
Professor Dent

PreviousNext

Return to Battlegroup Discussion