New force builder for Battlegroup Kursk

Re: New force builder for Battlegroup Kursk

Postby Ilkahn » 23 Nov 2016

Piers wrote:Yes all the info is on the army lists.

Thank you, i'm taking this to mean things are "pre-ordained" of sorts. Some games i've played define the squad while others allow you to monkey around with it. Found a link to some battlereps where forces were laid out showing us newcomers kind of how things work. Considering i've already Painted 3 boxes of german and Soviet Infantry along with 2 boxes each of Heavy Weapons compliments for them i'm relatively sure i've more than enough models for any games i wish to play. I've panthers, Mark IV, IIIs, Stugs, T34s galore, T70s, most everything.

Based upon my "300pt" lists, i'm heading to my hobby shop today to pick up some gaz jeeps and a couple other things i saw i didn't have.

Hurry Printers HURRY!
Ilkahn
Oddjob

Postby NTM » 23 Nov 2016

It's not like for example Bolt Action where you buy a basic squad then add various bits to it. Organisation reflects real world TO&E. The two you cite are German squad 5 man rifle team and 3 man LMG, Russian 8 man squad including LMG.
NTM
Largo

Medals: 8
30mm Campaigner (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) xmas15 campaigner (1)
xmas14 campaigner (1) easter15 campaigner (1)

Postby Ilkahn » 23 Nov 2016

NTM wrote:It's not like for example Bolt Action where you buy a basic squad then add various bits to it. Organisation reflects real world TO&E. The two you cite are German squad 5 man rifle team and 3 man LMG, Russian 8 man squad including LMG.

Thank you, this makes sense to me according to the models in the boxes. I've actually a 4th box of russian and german guys i've not painted yet all from PSC. Something about their models i've really liked over the years. Each sprue has a different base finish so i could build and identify each sqaud in game. Each box of 3 sprues were used to build a 3 single squads for me, so this will translate well into this game as well.

I see escentially what is going on via the print out from battlegroup builder. So for instance if i select a soviet rifle platoon i'm going to have 4 squads made as the book describes along with a defined command squad. More or less like that.

I believe i'm understanding how this will resemble. I'm worse than a kid in a candy store, swear it i do.
Ilkahn
Oddjob

Postby Ilkahn » 28 Nov 2016

NTM wrote:It's not like for example Bolt Action where you buy a basic squad then add various bits to it. Organisation reflects real world TO&E. The two you cite are German squad 5 man rifle team and 3 man LMG, Russian 8 man squad including LMG.

I downloaded the Dispatches from Facebook. I now have an inside look at how your system seems to be working in so far as models. It also makes more sense to me what i'm looking at on the army builder. I really appreciate you all.

I'm very excited to play this now, and even more so since grabbing the PDF. I want to expose the local gaming group to this prior to christmas if at all possible. Looks amazing, and the pics of the hardbacks look like they rival the bolt action books or maybe better.
Ilkahn
Oddjob

Postby Mephiston » 28 Jan 2017

Just wondering if the author of this site is still around, and if so are the two lists from the new rule book going to be added?

I've been using this app and find it really helpful.

Thanks.
My Occasional Blog
Mephiston
Professor Dent

Postby NTM » 28 Jan 2017

Site seems not to have been updated for several years. Greg has not visited Guild since November 2015. I would not expect any more lists to be added.
NTM
Largo

30mm Campaigner (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) xmas15 campaigner (1)

Postby thebigandyt » 16 Feb 2017

The list builder is so handy, i wish he'd update it. Does anyone know the guy who does it? maybe we can offer to crowd source the funds to pay him to update it?
thebigandyt
Out of work Henchman

Postby NTM » 16 Feb 2017

Don't think funds is the issue from what he has posted previously. Real life has taken priority it seems.
NTM
Largo

Previous

Return to Battlegroup Discussion