Market Garden

Re: Market Garden

Postby NTM » 05 Nov 2017

I think the 2nd North Africa book is next.
NTM
Largo

Medals: 8
30mm Campaigner (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) xmas15 campaigner (1)
xmas14 campaigner (1) easter15 campaigner (1)

Postby Brodir » 05 Nov 2017

Thanks for planning out my future work schedule Lucas ;) Torch is defo next, after that... erm, something else... Pacific must be due some love. Itching to do it...
Brodir
Dr No

Postby Nick2729 » 05 Nov 2017

By "Pacific" do you mean Burma or USMC or both - one or two books?

:hello:
Nick2729
Nick Nack

Postby lswgunner » 05 Nov 2017

I second the Pacific I would love to build USMC force...
1/72 scale ships anyone... :blush:
lswgunner
Jaws

Postby Brodir » 05 Nov 2017

It a vague plan only... but I think Id try and do one big book, late Pacific, so USMC island hopping, US Army on the Phillipines, and Brits in Burma as well. All in one... might be a biggy, but I don't see enough to do a second Pacific book, unless maybe its a small softback for Burma alone. Also, can't see much demand for the early pacific or China... my gut feeling is if you want to play pacific you want to play the classic island campaigns really. Interesting forces... it'll be a very different game.

AS you can see, we have no fixed long term plan... beyond 1 or 2 books.
Brodir
Dr No

Postby LUCASWILLEN05 » 05 Nov 2017

Brodir wrote:Thanks for planning out my future work schedule Lucas ;) Torch is defo next, after that... erm, something else... Pacific must be due some love. Itching to do it...

You know my star sign is Virgo - according to a book belonging to one of my Swiss cousins Virgos make the best Nazis because we are so efficient,. I felt quite insulted by that actually. But I do sometimes game with II SS Panzer Corps at Kursk etc etc :grin:

Torch definitely welcome and presumably that includes Gazala and the Alamein battles (bitten by the Western Desert at the moment though Russian Front has always been a favorite - 1942 Stalingrad and 1944 Bagration please(hint hint) - and could I suggest Operation Mars and 3rd Kharkov as future mini supplements,

Tomorrow's game however is a mm tank/combined arms battle with the Afrika Corps holding a Wadi defensive position angainst an A13 Company, two Crusader Companies a Motor Infantry Platoon and a bren carrier section. Germans hav 2 Schutzen Platoons with supporting anti tank guns, 2 Jager AT ~Gun sections and a Panzer III company arriving as reinforcements. Artillery support to ach side is minimal
LUCASWILLEN05
Hector Gonzales

Postby wargameroz » 05 Nov 2017

Brodir wrote:It a vague plan only... but I think Id try and do one big book, late Pacific, so USMC island hopping, US Army on the Phillipines, and Brits in Burma as well. All in one... might be a biggy, but I don't see enough to do a second Pacific book, unless maybe its a small softback for Burma alone. Also, can't see much demand for the early pacific or China... my gut feeling is if you want to play pacific you want to play the classic island campaigns really. Interesting forces... it'll be a very different game.

Oi, wot about Australians in PNG and beyond, the Kokoda Track, Milne Bay etc would all make gritty games
he who dies with the largest pile of unpainted figures wins
wargameroz
Goldfinger

Recce campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) AntiTank Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) 2014 build (1)
2015 build campaigner (1) 2016 build campaigner (1)

Postby Strombones » 05 Nov 2017

Already a step ahead of all of you. Getting close to finishing up stuff for the landings at New Britain. Once I get some m3's ive got some scenarios working for Guadalcanal and the expansion of the Lunga perimeter.
Strombones
Gruntha

Postby LUCASWILLEN05 » 05 Nov 2017

Brodir wrote:It a vague plan only... but I think Id try and do one big book, late Pacific, so USMC island hopping, US Army on the Phillipines, and Brits in Burma as well. All in one... might be a biggy, but I don't see enough to do a second Pacific book, unless maybe its a small softback for Burma alone. Also, can't see much demand for the early pacific or China... my gut feeling is if you want to play pacific you want to play the classic island campaigns really. Interesting forces... it'll be a very different game.

What about Gaudacanal and the early Burma campaigns 1942 and 1943. Malaya, Singapore, Hong Kong. There is quite a bit of gaming potential thr although the Pacific is not my priority right now, Not bothered about China but maybe a softback supplement for that. Than there is the Korean War

Personally I would prefer that you finished the ETO before covering the Pacific although, were you o produce a Pacific book first I would still game the periods. Perhaps however a Burma Book covering he whole campaign there and a Pacific War book starting with Guadacanal and New Guinea through the island hopping campaigns the Liberation of the Philippines, Iwo Jima and Okinawa followed by hypothetical Olympic/Coronet. The arly Pacific campaigns could still be covered with a softback
LUCASWILLEN05
Hector Gonzales

Postby Strombones » 05 Nov 2017

Would it be appropriate to use the German Recon list from WaR to represent 9th SS Reconnaissance Bn?
Strombones
Gruntha

Postby NTM » 05 Nov 2017

Strombones wrote:Would it be appropriate to use the German Recon list from WaR to represent 9th SS Reconnaissance Bn?

Yes although no 234 so substitute 231 series. I plan to use it for Kampfgruppe Brinkmann.
NTM
Largo

30mm Campaigner (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) xmas15 campaigner (1)

Postby Strombones » 13 Nov 2017

What are the chances that any pz 2 "L"s were at Arnhem? I have two models I need to put to use.
Strombones
Gruntha

Postby NTM » 13 Nov 2017

9. Panzer was involved in the counter attacks on the Island in October and they had Panzer II ausf L. Kampfgruppe Knaust apparently had some Panzer II but these would have been older marks. The only picture I've seen of a Panzer II in the area was one knocked out in Opheusden which was an earlier version.
NTM
Largo

Postby Strombones » 14 Nov 2017

Yeah I've seen that picture of the wrecked pz2 as well. Figured it was part of a training Bn. or something. I did however find a few Luchs in Normandy so maybe I can convince my friends to squeeze them in there every once and a while.

Otherwise the will be relegated to WaR which has yet to see any gameplay due to the snow board constantly being ignored.
Strombones
Gruntha

Postby Ray » 14 Nov 2017

You do not really need a snow board for playing WAR games,especially those set during the first few days,it was wet,cold and foggy,but no snow,that fell later.
SOTCW 118
Ray Haskins
Fulltime figure painter.
No Job too small or big.
10% Discount to fellow Guilders.
Ray
Kananga

Medals: 7
Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Engineer campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1) quick campaigner (1)
2015 build campaigner (1)

Postby Brodir » 15 Nov 2017

Oi, wot about Australians in PNG and beyond, the Kokoda Track, Milne Bay etc would all make gritty games

Ah yes, but would not the list and rules for Burma pretty much cover this as well... is PNG or Borneo jungle much different to Burma's? The Japs would certainly be very similar... don't think the Australians are so different as to need their own list (although I might be proved wrong). Certainly worth considering how to include it.
Brodir
Dr No

Previous

Return to Battlegroup Discussion