My First effort: Hunters and Hunted

My First effort: Hunters and Hunted

Postby philhendry » 01 Oct 2008

This scenario is designed for a 'skirmishy' set of rules - GW's 'Lord of the Rings' would be ideal. There are some LotR stats for Romans and Celts available here: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTRvariants/

A small group of Hamian bowmen are out hunting game 'for the pot' in the area near Hadrian’s wall. Unbeknownst to them, they have unwittingly trampled through an area of ground sacred to the Textoverdi (a clan of the Brigantes tribe) in which it is forbidden to hunt. Naturally, the Britons have decided that, in order to set matters to rights, the hated Romans must be slaughtered to a man.

The Table

6’ x 4’ (1.8m x 1.2m), with a scattering of terrain - some rough patches, small copses, etc, plus, perhaps, a bronze-age barrow to show why the Celts consider the ground to be sacred.

Forces

Romans - 8 Hamian archers.
Celts - 2 chariots and 16 dismounted warriors.

Set Up

Set up the 8 Hamians in the middle of the table, and the two chariots and 8 of the Celts on one of the short edges. The other Celts will arrive on the same table edge on the roll of 5 or 6 on a D6 - roll at the beginning of each turn.

The Game

The aim of the Hamians is to escape, the aim of the Celts is to stop them. After 8 turns, if more than half the Hamians have left from the board edge opposite where the Celts arrive, the Hamians have won. If none of the Hamians have left, the Celts win, otherwise it’s a draw.
philhendry
Dr No

Medals: 8
Cav Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) England Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1)
Terrain Campaigner (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1)

Re: My First effort: Hunters and Hunted

Postby Bob_Mackenzie » 02 Oct 2008

Hi Phil

Not that I have a clue about ancients or ancients rules but it strikes me that's its REALLY important as to which side has the first turn in this scenario and I can't see it written anywhere

Cheers

Bob
Bob_Mackenzie
Goldfinger

Medals: 17
Capt Campaigner (1) Cav Campaigner (1) Arty Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1)
England Campaigner (1) Comms Campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1) Truck Campaigner (1)
dday campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1)

Postby philhendry » 03 Oct 2008

Yeah, you're right there Bob, I forgot to write it in! Brits get the first go or else they don't stand a chance of catching the Romans.

Phil
philhendry
Dr No

Medals: 8
Cav Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) England Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1)
Terrain Campaigner (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1)

Postby LSSAH » 07 Oct 2008

Cool Phil :grin: Dougie.
LSSAH
Goldfinger

Medals: 21
Cav 2nd place (1) Arty Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Scratch1 Campaigner (1) Flak 1st place (1)
Comms 2nd place (1) Terrain 3rd place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1)
40mm 1st place (1) Wings Campaigner (1) POW 2nd place (1) Truck Campaigner (1) Lib Minis 3rd (1) Terrain Campaigner (1)
Brit Minis 3rd place (1) Battle Campaigner (1) Pendraken 1st place (1)

Return to Scenario1