Outgunned and Outnumbered

Outgunned and Outnumbered

Postby Janick » 14 Aug 2008

Decemeber, 1943, South of Leningrad

1943 is coming to a close, the siege of Leningrad will shortly be coming to an end. An important railway line that leads to the city must be held at all cost from the approaching Russian horde in the midst of a wintry hell...

(This game is preferbly run with Disposable Heros using all supplements, and can be used with multiple scales)
All upgrades !SHOULD! be used for this game. Others that aren't mentioned !CAN! be used if the players agree to it.

Russian Forces:

Vehicles:
2 x T34/76
1x KV-1
1x BA-64

Late War Russian Rifle Platoon
-Command Team with Political Officer
-Three Squads
--upgrade 1 fig in each squad to a PPsh

-1 ATR Team

Company Support
-HMG Team
-Light Mortar Team

German Forces

Vehicles:

1 x PzKmpf V D Panther

Late War Waffen SS Grenadier Platoon
Command Section with Sdkfz 251/10 Command Transport
-1 fig upgraded to a MP-40
-Add panzerfausts

Two Squads
- 1 fig in each squad upgraded to an MP40
- Rifle grenades
- AT Rifle grenades
-1 fig w/Panzerfaust 100

Company Support
-Panzershrek Team
-HMG Team

Regimental Support
-5cm Pak 38
-7.5 Ie IG 18

German Objectives:
1. Hold the railway line from the Russians

Russian Objectives:
1. Take the railway lines to prevent supplies from being taken to Leningrad.(Must be in 1 of the 3 Victory Locations)

Terrain:
Preferbly winter terrain
The board should look like the below picture for this scenario.
THIS IS NOT TO SCALE!!!
KEY
Black x- tank obstactcle
green circle- individual tree
black rectangles- buildings
squiggly line-barbed wire (impassable by infantry)

The Germans are outgunned, and outnumbered making them have to use all the available resource (terrain, etc) to stop the Russian horde. Hint...bring the tanks by the houses and use those panzerfausts and shreks!

This is my first time ever writing a scenario. I used the book Ostfront for this scenario. This isn't historically accurate, but based on the defense outside of Leningrad during the winter months of 1943-44. Hope you enjoy it.

regards,

Brad :grin:
Last edited by Janick on 14 Aug 2008, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
I take painting commissions, ACW to Moderns! PM or email at bradjanicki AT gmail.com
Janick
Drax

Medals: 14
Capt Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Scratch1 Campaigner (1) Building Campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1)
Sniper Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1)
Scen1 Campaigner (1) 2011 Build (1)

Re: Outgunned and Outnumbered

Postby Bob_Mackenzie » 14 Aug 2008

This is my first time ever writing a scenario.

In that case a couple of points if I may?

Victory conditions say 1 of 3 VL's the map shows three

How do you control (or be in) the VLs - are they spots marked on the board?

Is the German deployment area limited to the box as shown or did you mean the lines of trees and factories. I as as there apparels to be a dug out with wire around it away from the box

How big is your intended table?

Cheers

Bob
Bob_Mackenzie
Goldfinger

Medals: 17
Capt Campaigner (1) Cav Campaigner (1) Arty Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1)
England Campaigner (1) Comms Campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1) Truck Campaigner (1)
dday campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1)

Re: Outgunned and Outnumbered

Postby Janick » 14 Aug 2008

Thanks Bob, I knew I probably left some things out! :roll:

The questions...

The Russians must hold the victory locations for one turn entirely, without any Germans in the given area.

The box is the limited area the Russians and Germans may deploy their troops.

Table size intended...anything bigger than 5 x 6.

Brad :grin:
Janick
Drax

Medals: 14
Capt Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Scratch1 Campaigner (1) Building Campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1)
Sniper Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1)
Scen1 Campaigner (1) 2011 Build (1)

Return to Scenario1