Modular Gaming Table for a limited time

Modular Gaming Table for a limited time

Postby white knight » 02 May 2013

Found these on another forum and I think they have great potential. The tables are custom built and don't include the boards (you can make those to tailor your needs). It can be set up in different configurations, including a two-level setup for a combined surface and dungeon game and a storage mode.

The table with and without boards:

Two-level mode:

Storage mode (with or without boards)

[quote author=Dreamfish link=topic=36629.msg621252#msg621252 date=1366015225]
I would like to announce my kickstarter compaign on the Indiegogo crowdfunding platform. This campaign is a one time oppertunity for you to own a Modular Gaming Table.

The campaign will run for 45 days. The goal is to raise enough money to order at least 10 or more tables. All contributions are refunded if I fail to meet this goal. Production starts when the campaign ends and the goal is reached.

Now without further ado, I present you the "Modular Gaming Table" campaign.

[img width=400 height=85]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2C8zdu3I_q0/UWus-TQor1I/AAAAAAAADWM/3nqV7wTtLy0/s400/rom-mgt-banner.jpg[/img]

To be successful this campaign need to be relayed in many places. For this to happen I'm counting on you to help spread the word around you.

Even if you don't have any direct interest in a MGT, or if you cannot afford to support the effort financially, It will be greatly appreciated that you spread the word around (on your blogs, on forums, everywhere you may see fit, but please no spam!)
[/quote]
white knight
Mr Kidd

Re: Modular Gaming Table for a limited time

Postby thehivemind » 02 May 2013

Yummy!
thehivemind
Goldfinger

Medals: 14
Comm Campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Sniper 3rd place (1) 40mm Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1)
Red 2nd place (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) Battle Campaigner (1) Battlegroup 2nd place (1) Big Game 2010 (1)
2010 Build (1) 2011 Build (1)

Postby FLYER115 » 02 May 2013

Now that is tempting.
FLYER115
Blofeld

Medals: 25
Capt Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1) Scratch1 Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1)
Building Campaigner (1) Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) fortified campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1)
Sniper Campaigner (1) Winter 2nd place (1) Wings Campaigner (1) POW Campaigner (1) Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1)
AntiTank Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1)
Big Game 2010 (1)

Postby white knight » 03 May 2013

Better shipping for USA now:
We’re going International. I’ve added a new perk for shipment to the USA. A single MGT set can be delivered to your doorstep for 375,- euro.
white knight
Mr Kidd

Postby white knight » 15 May 2013

He's just added 3 videos of the table setup: One showing the construction of a 2x3 setup, one showing the deconstruction and another one showing the construction of the storage setup.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/modular-gaming-table/x/841588?c=home
white knight
Mr Kidd

Postby white knight » 21 May 2013

Another Update:

Update 6 - Stretch Goal?

10 days left to go and 42% of the campaign goal covered. If you're out there, NOW is the time to contribute!

According to the poll, about 60 people said they wanted a Modular Gaming Table if the price was right. 3 of them bought a table. This leaves us with 57 prospects. Obviously, for them the price is not right.

I did my best to lower the price as much a possible. I'm in the position to buy the materials at a discount, I got access to the machinery and know-how to work with the materials. Believe me, the current price is at its minimum. To give you an idea, making a table like this at a local welder will cost you about 800 - 900 euros.

However, there's another way to lower the price, but this requires an investment of about 3000,- euros. The investment involves the development of a plastic connection bar. Something similiar to the one below. The new connection bar not only reduces material and labor costs, but also improves overall stability and weight capacity considerably.

Early adopters of a MGT set buy a table, but more importantly they contribute to the further development of the table. Furthermore, early adopters will receive future upgrades like the new connection bar above for free.

I'm willing to invest if the campaign succeeds, but are you willing to contribute?
white knight
Mr Kidd

Postby white knight » 30 May 2013

Last hours on this and not quite funded. If you were sitting on the fence, now's the time to act!
white knight
Mr Kidd

Postby RexMcL » 01 Jun 2013

I just came across a design from the 1700s in the book "Illustrated Cabinetmaking" by Bill Hylton:

It's not quite the same thing, but would look a lot nicer when not in use.
RexMcL
Mr Wint

Medals: 4
Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) Battlegroup Campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1)

Postby panzerfaust200 » 01 Jun 2013

A nice idea but i think its the wrong time for most of us.... right now if i had £300 spare i'd be thinking about redecorating my bathroom and buying a new hoover... not a gaming table. :doh:
Every f*cking chicken in the room!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJCBRepFi2g
panzerfaust200
Elliot Carver

Medals: 22
Capt 3rd place (1) Cav 1st place (1) Arty 2nd place (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Afloat 1st place (1) Flak 2nd place (1)
Terrain2 2nd place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Female 2nd place (1) Sniper 1st place (1) Wings 1st place (1) POW Campaigner (1)
Truck 3rd place (1) Green 3rd place (1) Easter14 1st place (1) Lib Minis 2nd (1) Terrain 1st place (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1)
Battle 1st place (1) Big Game 2010 (1) Big Game 2011 (1) 2013 Build 2nd place (1)

Postby paratrooper67 » 02 Jun 2013

panzerfaust200 wrote:A nice idea but i think its the wrong time for most of us.... right now if i had £300 spare i'd be thinking about redecorating my bathroom and buying a new hoover... not a gaming table. :doh:

What he said,
How much !!very nice thou
Proud member of the Newark Shedheads.
"Gimmie 12 men - I only need 12 men!"
paratrooper67
Dr No

Medals: 16
Afloat Campaigner (1) England Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1)
Sniper Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1) POW Campaigner (1) AntiTank Campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1)
Battle Campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) 2014 build (1) 2016 build campaigner (1)

Postby panzerfaust200 » 02 Jun 2013

apart from which, i watched the video of him assembling it, and it sagged in the middle under the weight before he put the tiles on...
panzerfaust200
Elliot Carver

Medals: 22
Capt 3rd place (1) Cav 1st place (1) Arty 2nd place (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Afloat 1st place (1) Flak 2nd place (1)
Terrain2 2nd place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Female 2nd place (1) Sniper 1st place (1) Wings 1st place (1) POW Campaigner (1)
Truck 3rd place (1) Green 3rd place (1) Easter14 1st place (1) Lib Minis 2nd (1) Terrain 1st place (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1)
Battle 1st place (1) Big Game 2010 (1) Big Game 2011 (1) 2013 Build 2nd place (1)

Postby mausmann » 16 Oct 2017

panzerfaust200 wrote:A nice idea but i think its the wrong time for most of us.... right now if i had £300 spare i'd be thinking about redecorating my bathroom and buying a new hoover... not a gaming table. :doh:

Understand what u mean, but YOLO applies......!
Last edited by mausmann on 18 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.
"And this too, shall pass away..."

It was a very old platitude, even then........
mausmann
Renard

Medals: 29
Capt Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 3rd place (1) Afloat Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Armour 1st place (1)
fortified 1st place (1) Recce 3rd place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1)
40mm Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1)
dday 1st place (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) Battle Campaigner (1) SandS 1st place (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1)
Big Game 2010 (1) 2013 Build 1st place (1) 2014 build 1st place (1) 2015 build 1st place (1) 2016 build 1st place (1)

Postby Ray » 18 Oct 2017

You will never believe what i use, a travel cot with a 6x4 on the top,the travel cot is very strong and the 6x4 easy to store. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Ray on 21 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.
SOTCW 118
Ray Haskins
Fulltime figure painter.
No Job too small or big.
10% Discount to fellow Guilders.
Ray
Kananga

Medals: 7
Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Engineer campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1) quick campaigner (1)
2015 build campaigner (1)

Postby Colonel White » 21 Nov 2017

For me its just as easy buying Saw donkeys of the type that fold up if your boards are thick enough . Another way is to buy paste tables from the local DIY store and alligne them up together into various configurations .
Founder and only known member of the Cromwell Tank appreciation society.

Sticking up for the rights and welfare of Cromwell tanks since 2013
Colonel White
Blofeld

Return to Terrain resource centre