Alert

If your name looks like spam your account will be deleted.

1914-1918

The Long War - The German Army 1939-1945

Re: The Long War - The German Army 1939-1945

Postby mausmann » 05 Mar 2017

I have to admit it took me ages to dump Photobucket and switch, ( it was free.. :grin: ) but in the end it was unusable so I can understand why you changed.
And of course Johan I don't have to look if I don't want to.... ;)
I just get fed up with reading again and again "more pics on my blog". Of course no-one including yourself is doing anything wrong as long as they satisfy the Admins requirements ref photos etc, so it's just me.

I actually do have a blog myself, it's called the Guild..... :grin:
Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes in the wind, and sometimes against it, but sail we must, and not drift nor lie at anchor.
mausmann
Elliot Carver

Medals: 28
Capt Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 3rd place (1) Afloat Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Armour 1st place (1)
fortified 1st place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1)
Wings Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1) dday 1st place (1)
Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) Battle Campaigner (1) SandS 1st place (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1) Big Game 2010 (1)
2013 Build 1st place (1) 2014 build 1st place (1) 2015 build 1st place (1) 2016 build 1st place (1)

Postby Daryl » 05 Mar 2017

Lack of replies does not mean lack of interest, just means lack of anything interesting or helpful to reply with.... I enjoy all wip threads as eventually something someone does will grab my attention and I will want to know more.
Daryl
Kananga

Medals: 1
Portrait 1st place (1)

Postby Gunbird » 05 Mar 2017

I know, Daryl, John, and thx, appreciated.

I've long reposted word for word and picture for picture everything I blogged about (that fitted in the scope of a project suitable for the Guild) but lately.....jeez, I dunno. I'll see what I can do.
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, travels around to get in the occasional game. Current flavour of the month - Frostgrave! My Blog >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/
Gunbird
Scaramanga

Medals: 29
Capt Campaigner (1) Arty Campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1) Scratch1 3rd place (1) England Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1)
Building 3rd place (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1)
Sniper 2nd place (1) Winter Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1) Wings 2nd place (1) Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm 3rd place (1)
Red Campaigner (1) Green 2nd place (1) AntiTank Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) dday 1st place (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1)
Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) SandS 2nd place (1) Big Game 2010 (1) xmas15 campaigner (1)

Daryl wrote:Lack of replies does not mean lack of interest, just means lack of anything interesting or helpful to reply with.... I enjoy all wip threads as eventually something someone does will grab my attention and I will want to know more.

Agreed, and also whilst it is always good to receive replies to a post perhaps it's better to judge a thread more by it's number of views rather than the number of replies. Many read but do not have the time or inclination to reply.
mausmann
Elliot Carver

Capt Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 3rd place (1) Afloat Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Armour 1st place (1)
fortified 1st place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1)
Wings Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1) dday 1st place (1)
Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) Battle Campaigner (1) SandS 1st place (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1) Big Game 2010 (1)
2013 Build 1st place (1) 2014 build 1st place (1) 2015 build 1st place (1) 2016 build 1st place (1)

Gunbird wrote:I know, Daryl, John, and thx, appreciated.

I've long reposted word for word and picture for picture everything I blogged about (that fitted in the scope of a project suitable for the Guild) but lately.....jeez, I dunno. I'll see what I can do.

Hope you can, it's better here with you than without..... :thumbsup:
mausmann
Elliot Carver

Postby Bluewillow » 05 Mar 2017

Looking like a great projects Johan, keep posting here, i will answer at least, I have just about given up blogging though and Facebook seems to have overtaken a number of my interest pages, two many hours surfing for me around the great blogs or Facebook rather than getting stuck in, trying to rein it in at the moment and only visit here so I can stay a little focused.

I do love your quote though "who also has the attention span of a Gerbil on Red Bull" , I mostly suffer from the same disease :grin:

Keep up the great work

Cheers
Matt
Bluewillow
Largo

Medals: 24
Capt Campaigner (1) Cav Campaigner (1) Arty Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Scratch1 Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1)
Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1) Winter Campaigner (1)
Wings Campaigner (1) POW Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) AntiTank Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1)
Battle Campaigner (1) Battlegroup Campaigner (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2014 build (1) 2015 build campaigner (1)

Postby Tnkmodels » 06 Mar 2017

Gunbird wrote:I'm using my Blog now to host pictures I want John. Works fine for me. Since I seem to come less and less at the Guild, and I get hardly any replies anymore if I do post something, it's not very interesting for me to spend 30 minutes typing up a post anymore while I can make a Blogpost in the same amount of time and reach all of my followers and link to it on other forums for the same amount of effort. When I do, I always use as many photo's as I can plus a short explanation but that is about it. And I'm not forcing you to follow a link, if you don't want to look, don't.

Nice work Johan i like your work :thumbsup: , do what suits you best,if the Guild was anti blog,and it is not,so post away :thumbsup:
I have replaced my painting service website for a blog,it is much easier to manage.
SOTCW 118
Ray Haskins
Fulltime figure painter.
No Job too small or big.
10% Discount to fellow Guilders.
Tnkmodels
Blofeld

Medals: 5
Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1) quick campaigner (1) 2015 build campaigner (1)

Postby Gunbird » 18 Mar 2017

Right o, orderd the Tobruk book, ordered a stack of kits to pick up at Overloon tomorrow, so went in the attic to check what I have (to prevent me picking up a kit I already have, like the sodding 13! FW-190 kits I have), grabbed a bunch of incomplete or derelict kits that I can use to make wrecks for the desert, and then built......a armoured supply vehicle for Barbarossa. Seriously!? Really now?! That's the army I sold to Piers for the Barbarossa book......guess I'm restarting that too?

PSC 38(t) kit with the tarp from the UM model I built for the sold off army but got.....squashed, in an unfortunate accident. I've got a trailer for it here somwehere, but since I base all my trailers seperately I'm not rushing out to find it.
Gunbird
Scaramanga

Capt Campaigner (1) Arty Campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1) Scratch1 3rd place (1) England Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1)
Building 3rd place (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1)
Sniper 2nd place (1) Winter Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1) Wings 2nd place (1) Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm 3rd place (1)
Red Campaigner (1) Green 2nd place (1) AntiTank Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) dday 1st place (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1)
Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) SandS 2nd place (1) Big Game 2010 (1) xmas15 campaigner (1)

Postby wargameroz » 18 Mar 2017

hincmar wrote:Excellent project revitalisation, Johan. I shall enjoy watching this.

I came to the same conclusion about Grubby's Tanks after purchasing some post-war Soviet vehicles.

I think I, along with others have managed to persuade Andy to switch to the newer resins similar to EWM, will take a while and a small price increase but hopefully worth it
he who dies with the largest pile of unpainted figures wins
wargameroz
Goldfinger

Medals: 7
Green Campaigner (1) AntiTank Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) 2014 build (1) 2015 build campaigner (1)
2016 build campaigner (1)

Postby panzerfaust200 » 19 Mar 2017

Daryl wrote:Lack of replies does not mean lack of interest,

:good:

Daryl wrote:just means lack of anything interesting or helpful to reply with.... I enjoy all wip threads as eventually something someone does will grab my attention and I will want to know more.

:thumbsup:
Every f*cking chicken in the room!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJCBRepFi2g
panzerfaust200
Elliot Carver

Medals: 22
Capt 3rd place (1) Cav 1st place (1) Arty 2nd place (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Afloat 1st place (1) Flak 2nd place (1)
Terrain2 2nd place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Female 2nd place (1) Sniper 1st place (1) Wings 1st place (1) POW Campaigner (1)
Truck 3rd place (1) Green 3rd place (1) Easter14 1st place (1) Lib Minis 2nd (1) Terrain 1st place (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1)
Battle 1st place (1) Big Game 2010 (1) Big Game 2011 (1) 2013 Build 2nd place (1)

Postby Gunbird » 19 Mar 2017

Thx guys.

So, lastnight I built the Armoured supplyvehicle in what, 10 minutes? Well, what to do with the turret? Well, they are used in Tunisia, Sicily and Italy etc as Panzerturme, so why not make a model for that.

Looks easy enough.

Template cut.

First 2 layers.

3rd and 4th layer, with the impression of a doorway in the rear. I will not build it up more, as these bunkers would be dug in, so building more layers would just raise it more above the surface. I can base it easily enough and paint the impression of stairs coming out of the back. Which won't happen anytime soon as I will be building a MG and Mortar version of these and sending them off to the Hobbyden to be cast up.

Turret has a magnet epoxied inside, and so does the bunker floor, so it easily clips on. I can add a FT-17 turret for Normandy now and use it there as well.
Gunbird
Scaramanga

Postby laurence strong » 19 Mar 2017

Don't usually have much to say, however you think "outside the box" Johan and that's always worth a visit :D

Cheers
Larry
laurence strong
Dr No

Medals: 9
Cav Campaigner (1) Arty Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) England Campaigner (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1)
Green Campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1) Lib Minis Campaigner (1)

Postby danldunbar » 20 Mar 2017

Good read, good use of the spare turret, that Pz 1 build is interesting, wouldn't mind doing that myself one day, love that work desk you have with the project draws, if I did that I would have a hundred draws, it's getting rediculess in my work area, just can't focus on one thing, it's to the point I just can't Finnish anything, thinking of picking just 3 or 4 projects and selling everything else off, but I just can't narrow it down, I love all genres and scales.
Oh and the lack of replies thing, yeah can get frustrating, the Guilds not to bad though, some I go on I just can't get anyone to reply to me, keep at it, your posts are interesting.
danldunbar
Mayday

Postby Gunbird » 20 Mar 2017

danldunbar wrote:Good read, good use of the spare turret, that Pz 1 build is interesting, wouldn't mind doing that myself one day,

I was mighty pissed off yesterday at the convention when I saw that a company (I quickly forgot which one) was selling a combopack of a FtF Panzer 1B with resin parts for the gun and mantlet etc for that particular vehicle in 1/72 for 17.50 euros. Mine's way cheaper then that so meh :)

Those 4 boxes are just the ones I'm supposed to work on, but there are plenty smaller ones here to store projects :)
Gunbird
Scaramanga

Postby Daryl » 20 Mar 2017

Nice panzer turret position.

Do you remember or know what happened to an excellent dutch based website that listed just about every type of German fortification with accompanying detailed plans.. from a mortar pit to the largest structures built.
Daryl
Kananga

Medals: 1
Portrait 1st place (1)

Postby Gunbird » 20 Mar 2017

Well, there is http://www.bunkerinfo.nl/, and http://bunkersite.com/ and http://www.forten.info/ and https://www.bunkerbehoud.com/index.php but the only detailed plans I have are in my books on German bunkers in the Netherlands
Gunbird
Scaramanga

Previous

Return to Work in progress