French Buildings

French Buildings

Postby Worgaimz » 06 Dec 2017

Hi Chaps.
Having faffed around with my camera and Imgur, I am now in a position to post some images of some 20mm buildings I have finished over the last few months. They are from EWM and the now no longer produced (I believe) Najewitz Modellbau. Lovely models that paint really nicely. Deliberately not based so they can be used in many different way.

Hope you enjoy them
Cheers
Worgaimz
Rosa Klebb

Re: French Buildings

Postby skip » 06 Dec 2017

wow, excellent attention to detail
skip
Goldfinger

Medals: 5
Scratch1 Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) Big Game 2010 (1)

Postby Powermonger » 06 Dec 2017

Wow! Very, very nice!!
Could you give some specifics about how you painted them? (Colours, method, etc.). It would be really useful and welcomed.
Thanks a lot in advance!
You may be Powermonger, but I´m Powerowner
Powermonger
Dr No

Medals: 1
Recce campaigner (1)

Postby tinned fruit » 06 Dec 2017

Very nice work.

Phil
It's not big and it's not clever.

On FB @tinnedfruit
tinned fruit
Dr No

Medals: 11
Building Campaigner (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1) Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1)
AntiTank Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2014 build (1)

Postby dead1 » 07 Dec 2017

Lovely work. I have some of those but yours look so much better!
dead1
Pussy Galore

2014 build (1)

Postby mausmann » 07 Dec 2017

Very well painted!.... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
"And this too, shall pass away..."

It was a very old platitude, even then........
mausmann
Renard

Medals: 29
Capt Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 3rd place (1) Afloat Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Armour 1st place (1)
fortified 1st place (1) Recce 3rd place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1)
40mm Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1)
dday 1st place (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) Battle Campaigner (1) SandS 1st place (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1)
Big Game 2010 (1) 2013 Build 1st place (1) 2014 build 1st place (1) 2015 build 1st place (1) 2016 build 1st place (1)

Postby Olivier » 07 Dec 2017

If you ask very politely, Jens can sometimes accept to cast on demand..

I just experienced this.. and it works
Olivier
Blofeld

Medals: 28
Capt Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Building Campaigner (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1)
Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) fortified campaigner (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1)
40mm Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1) POW Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1)
Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Terrain 3rd place (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1) Battle 3rd place (1) SandS Campaigner (1) Battlegroup 3rd place (1)
2010 Build 3rd place (1) 2011 Build 3rd place (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2015 build campaigner (1)

Postby Worgaimz » 07 Dec 2017

Powermonger wrote:Wow! Very, very nice!!
Could you give some specifics about how you painted them? (Colours, method, etc.). It would be really useful and welcomed.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.
The colours I used were emulsions, Dulux if I remember rightly. "Bitter Chocolate", "Khaki Mist" and good old "Magnolia"
A base coat of Bitter Chocolate to start with followed by the Khaki Mist as a dry brush. Then it gets a bit more complicated.
I have 3 small coffee jars with various mixes of the Khaki and Magnolia to give several shades.
Three more drybrush coats of the mixes follow to slowly build up the depth and not always applied dead evenly to allow colour variations.
The exposed brickwork is done by using various shades of red-brown to pick out the bricks with a light drybrush of the lightest kahki-magnolia mix to blend them into the rest of the building.
Exposed stonework is done by using the darker shade of khaki-magnolia along with various Humbrol sone colours to pick out individual stones.
The rooves are done in similar fashion. Two coats of a dark grey then medium grey emulsion followed by a light drybrush of a lightish blue. I believe the last one is good old Humbrol 157.
Window frames are straight Magnolia.

Hope this is of help.
I do plan on painting a few more over the Xmas period. If the interest is there I will endeavour to take photos of each stage and post them in the "work in progress" section here.
Easier to show than explain I often find.

Cheers and thanks again for the good feedback
Worgaimz
Rosa Klebb

Postby Petracelli » 08 Dec 2017

Thanks for the how to guide and these are exceptionally well painted. Please keep posting photos.

Cheers

Phil
http://philswargaming.blogspot.com/
Petracelli
Goldfinger

Medals: 6
Wings Campaigner (1) Easter14 Campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) 2014 build (1) 2015 build campaigner (1) 2016 build campaigner (1)

Postby Powermonger » 08 Dec 2017

Very, very grateful for your descriptions on the painting!
Of course, anything else you post as WIP with comments on how-to will be modt welcomed.
Thanks again!
Powermonger
Dr No

Recce campaigner (1)

Postby hincmar » 09 Dec 2017

Lovely buildings - and thanks for the painting tutorial. Very useful.
hincmar
Largo

Medals: 3
Flak Campaigner (1) Big Game 2011 (1) xmas15 1st place (1)

Postby whoa mohamed » 10 Dec 2017

:thumbsup:
whoa mohamed
Baron Samedi

Postby nickoftime45 » 10 Dec 2017

These are quite lovely! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Interesting tips, I have never tried emulsions before, having used acrylics, definitely something to have a go with! :thumbsup:
nickoftime45
General Orlov

Postby Johnny60 » 11 Dec 2017

Lovely. Absolutely lovely!!
Johnny60
Tee Hee

Postby SABOT » 13 Dec 2017

Great job.

What did you use for the net curtains at the windows please?
"Keep Loading!"
SABOT
Nick Nack

Postby Worgaimz » 14 Dec 2017

All the curtains were designed and printed by Steve Dunn, the owner of "Flags For the Lads" specially for me for this project.

I have mentioned to him about adding them to the ranges but he doesn't think there would be the market for them.

Cheers
Worgaimz
Rosa Klebb

Postby SABOT » 15 Dec 2017

Thanks mate.
SABOT
Nick Nack

Return to Terrain