Making trees with Woodland Scenics armatures

Making trees with Woodland Scenics armatures

Postby Fitz » 13 Sep 2017

I'm exercising my god-like powers of creation to build some more trees.

These ones are based on Woodland Scenics' tree armatures, which are reasonably cheap, and make things pretty quick and easy. They're a semi-soft plastic that can be bent and will hold its shape, so though they're moulded flat, they can be manipulated into a more three-dimensional form before any foliage is added. I've glued the plastic armatures to thick, heavy 40mm steel washers, so they're pretty stable. It's not impossible to knock them over, but they don't fall down at the merest quiver.

The full-length post, with more construction details and options, is at http://mojobob.blogspot.co.nz/2017/09/more-tiny-trees.html
Fitz
Pussy Galore

Re: Making trees with Woodland Scenics armatures

Postby Ray » 13 Sep 2017

Nice work :thumbsup:
SOTCW 118
Ray Haskins
Fulltime figure painter.
No Job too small or big.
10% Discount to fellow Guilders.
Ray
Kananga

Medals: 7
Armour Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Engineer campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1) quick campaigner (1)
2015 build campaigner (1)

Postby Johnny60 » 13 Sep 2017

Yeah, very nice.

Agree with your comments about the clump foliage method on your blog - it only really works if you glue direct with superglue. Hadn't thought of using dacron - got a load lying around, so will give it a try.

cheers

John
Johnny60
Tee Hee

Postby Johnny60 » 13 Sep 2017

Yeah, very nice.

Agree with your comments about the clump foliage method on your blog - it only really works if you glue direct with superglue. Hadn't thought of using dacron - got a load lying around, so will give it a try.

cheers

John
Johnny60
Tee Hee

Return to Terrain