Occupation/Deployment Markers

Occupation/Deployment Markers

Postby Fitz » 22 Aug 2017

I guess this applies more to terrain than anything else.

I play in 15mm, and I don't use buildings with removable roofs. So, for those times when our little troops have occupied a building, I've made these little markers. I guess they could also be used for concealed deployment.

I intend to number each one on its base, so that if need be I can note on my army list which unit a flag actually refers to. I'll try it with some rub-down lettering I've got lying around, but if need be I can just draw on the numbers with a mapping pen.
Fitz
Pussy Galore

Re: Occupation/Deployment Markers

Postby Chris S » 22 Aug 2017

Cute! :good: :thumbsup: :good: :thumbsup: :good:
My painting/model-making blog - http://brushhistory.blogspot.co.uk/

Commission painting done.
Chris S
Scaramanga

Medals: 26
Capt Campaigner (1) Comm Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) England 3rd place (1) FriendFoe Campaigner (1) Armour Campaigner (1)
Portrait 1st place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1) Winter Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1)
Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) AntiTank 2nd place (1) Easter14 3rd place (1) 60mm campaigner (1)
Lib Minis Campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1) Battlegroup Campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) 2014 build 2nd place (1)
easter15 1st place (1) 2015 build 3rd place (1)

Postby SP> » 22 Aug 2017

Neat idea :thumbsup:
"... and then my loneliness closes in so I drink a German wine and drift in dreams of other lives and greater times..."

http://spprojectblog.wordpress.com/

http://www.penninemegagames.co.uk/
SP>
Blofeld

Medals: 37
Cav Campaigner (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1) Scratch1 Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Building Campaigner (1)
Comms Campaigner (1) Terrain2 Campaigner (1) Portrait Campaigner (1) fortified campaigner (1) Recce campaigner (1) Engineer campaigner (1)
Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty Campaigner (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1) 40mm Campaigner (1) Wings Campaigner (1)
POW Campaigner (1) Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm Campaigner (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) Ambulance campaigner (1)
60mm campaigner (1) dday campaigner (1) quick campaigner (1) Terrain Campaigner (1) Brit Minis Campaigner (1) Plast1 Campaigner (1)
Battle Campaigner (1) SandS Campaigner (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1) 2010 Build (1) 2012 Build (1) xmas14 campaigner (1)
easter15 campaigner (1)

Postby Fitz » 23 Aug 2017

I found some self-adhesive 10mm letters in the scrapbooking section of the Warehouse, which serve my purpose very well, except that there's kind of an odd distribution of characters — only one each of G and 6, for example. Still, they're pretty cheap.

So, this photo shows how I envisage these being used. There are three British units in the two houses to the right, and one German unit in the left-hand house. The players may or may not know the nature of their opponents' units, depending on whether they'd been spied approaching the buildings (and depending on how good their memories are). In the little copse in the centre are two sneaky dastardly Hun units, hiding and not yet revealed.... or are they? They might be dummies, laid out to deceive. They might be a pair of gulaschkanone, or they might be a couple of emplaced MG34 tripods just waiting for the Brits to break cover. It would be nice to know. Maybe just drop a few mortar rounds in there, just to be sure.
Fitz
Pussy Galore

Postby Fitz » 23 Aug 2017

I forgot to mention that I whipped up a one-page PDF with ten flags each for the UK, Germany, USSR, France, Italy and USA. You can nab a copy here if you want one.
Fitz
Pussy Galore

Return to Terrain